Digitakt 1.04 : Bug reports

I can trigger midi notes in chromatic mode. The midi keyboard is triggering the Digitakt, just audio track 1 and not the midi channel I’m playing.

n.

If a parameter change needs to be “locked” to a trig, then this seems like a limitation of the Elektron sequencer. A more traditional MIDI sequencer registers all data as separate events. A filter sweep on channel 1 would be completely independent of what notes (trigs in Elektron parlance) are playing on that channel in a typical MIDI sequencer.

I think the workaround is to not track live parameter changes, but rather to “lock” them to trigs and trigerless trigs.

That, or use the single LFO

You need to set your midi keyboard to send on channel 14.

I tried all channels…still triggers audio track 1.

You may have to change the auto channel in the digitakt then. Suggest you give the manual a read

From manual:
If you use an external MIDI controller to record to the Digitakt MIDI tracks, the sequenc- er receives data on the Auto MIDI channel and records on the active track. For more information, please see “15.3.3 CHANNELS” on page 58

It shouldn’t be any harder than this…

n.

I agree, but that works for me, no problem. Hope you figure it out :slight_smile:

Make sure the autochannel is set to the same channel as the midi keyboard. (and make sure it’s not the same channel as one of the audio tracks).then make sure you have one of the midi tracks selected when you play the keyboard.

Hope this helps.

Can’t preview recorded samples
(Pressing FN+yes and nothing, then, midi freezes up until I restart the unit)

Help??

Are you making sure you have an audio track selected while trying to preview? Samples won’t preview if you have a midi track selected

yes,nothing is muted,wish could post vid here (just registered)
have to restart it to get it work again

ah so on other E boxes it’s different? Parameter changes don’t need to be locked to a trig (and therefore its length)? For some reason I assumed each box used the same sequencer tech.

I did so too. Too bad it’s not the case. It would be nice if they all shared the same features and functions. It wouldn’t impede or cannibalise the sales of any machines if they all have the same sequencer options.

Sorry, I can’t read the whole thread, hope it’s not only my unit.
Deleting p-locks by pushing the corresponding knob often takes several tries

Over sensitive encoders, all the press actions take a couple of presses because the slightest turn of the knob registers.

Known bug, hopefully it’s on the fix list

1 Like

good to know. yes they are crazy sensitive

Hello every one
i’ll write the setup first :
Digitakt midi out to Rytm midi thru to Blofeld kb midi out to Digitakt in

first, the track 9 of the digi is set to channel 14 bank 2 prog 50
the blofeld is set to channel 14, when i hit the trig 9 on digi it doesn’t recall the right prog inside the blofeld (it plays bank 1 prog 1) if i move the bank value in digi it doesn’t work but if i set manually the bank to 2 in blofeld then the prog value of the digi is working inside the blofeld…
second i manage quickly to write a sequence live in midi track 9 of the digi from the kb of the blofeld but it stopped almost directly the Rytm sound !! the sequencer of the rytm was still playing but only on a 16 steps pattern and like i said without sound !!
Same thing happens if instead of playing the blofeld kb i am just playing the trig 9 of the digi…
Perhaps there is no bug and i missed something inside the setting i don’t know if some one can help :blush:
P.s. will it be possible in a future os to play chords directly from a keyboard inside the sequencer of the digi ?

My trick to clear p-locks and to enable midi and such is to use 3 fingers to quickly press the encoder down. Took a few tries but I can clear/enable most stuff in 1 go now. By using 2-3 fingers the chances you rotate it while pressing is greatly reduced. At least for me.

1 Like

Hey all!

I am often experiencing hanging notes when playing a sample in FWD-L mode. I’m using one of the stock single-cycle waveforms, all settings are default e.g. amp envelope hold time is note length and decay is short (15-20). When I play this sample chromatically, some notes will get “stuck”, a note will hang until I press another one. While recording in chromatic mode, notes actually hang more often and they all register with a note duration of 128 (see the screenshot).

Is this a known issue? Really hoping this gets fixed in the next update.

Artemiy

I sure did, and I wrote about that. The amp env is pretty much a gate, very short decay time. Also, env would not affect the trig length anyway. There is also no consistency to this issue - like sometimes it happens, sometimes not. Like DT is in a bad mood or something :slight_smile:

1 Like