Digitakt 1.04 : Bug reports

Yea It made me feel rly bad after like 5min of pure joy when i first turned it ON…I was dreading the whole process of sending the thing back…i want it for live use so this presents an issue but i ll try to cope with it…

Ok man I m already feeling much better after speaking with you…thanks a lot…im gonna keep it…its just i thought this machine would be perfect…and as you said its just a minor glitch…maybe they ll fix it in next firmware??

Same x 1000%

FWIW, I’m still seeing quite a few dealers with new DT’s listed at $679 in the US.

For anyone interested.

The reason why my DT keeps cutting off and on was indeed due to a faulty PSU.

Tests at the store with other DTs and PSUs, found that all other DTs cut off and on with my PSU. All it took was a light tap on the PSU to kill the DT.

Anyway, more testing tonight to make sure my DT is fault free with the new PSU.

Happy

1 Like

I’m not sure if this my fault or a bug, but when I live record stuff like filter sweeps the note length sometimes gets changed. Which changes the sound completely. Maybe this is by design, or it has something to do with FLT.T/LFO.T (which sometimes doesn’t seem do anything either).

Interesting. Is this for audio tracks or midi ccs? maybe a trig needs to be as long as the sweep? I haven’t tried live recording filter sweeps.

Audio yes. Good point about lengths, I will check and do some testing later.

Yeah I hope so too. Thanks for the info. This can’t be the intended behaviour right? Live recording stuff shouldn’t change anything apart from the parameters we’re changing.

Is there an obvious reason why after live recording you have to go back and turn on/adjust all the trigs to make them work or is it a bug?, I can understand the stepping but unless there is an advantage that I am unaware of seems to upset the mostly fast worklow.

1 Like

It’s a bug. Pretty sure it’s a known bug so it should be on the fix list. Hopefully.

2 Likes

There is a bug that if two or more tracks are recorded live simultaneously the sample lengths get screwed up. Elektron knows and said to me that they hope to have it fixed in the next OS update. If you record just one track, it should be Ok.

1 Like

I only record one track at a time so it doesnt sound the same, everytime I live record over a longer sample both the sample and all the trigless trigs need to be calibrated to work.

Probably worth reporting.

1 Like

Hello everyone,
New Digitakt owner here (first-time Elektron owner as well), loving it so far, have spent a lot of time on these forums learning about issues/workarounds/tips etc, so I’m generally aware of the current state of bugs & crash issues.

However, I am having an issue with tap tempo, where after releasing the FUNC key, all the trigs stay green like they are still in that quick mute mode. I have to tap & release FUNC again to get it out of the quick mute mode.

I just assumed this would be a known/obvious bug and didn’t even bother to look it up, until I was watching a video recently where the guy used the tap tempo, and noticed my problem wasn’t happening to the unit in the video… after he did the tap tempo and released, it also instantly released the quick mute green trigs.

In further investigating this, I can ONLY find one small mention in the Digitakt 1.01 OS bugs, where someone made a one-liner comment like “tap tempo turns on global mute” which sounds pretty close to what’s happening here, although not exactly.

Aside from that, I cannot find any similar posts or information about this problem.

I’m running 1.04 … at least that’s what it says on the screen when I start it, and this is how I received it. I have not personally upgraded the firmware or anything.

Long post just to explain that, I know.

Is this a known problem and it’s just so obvious nobody talks about it? Or is something maybe messed up with my unit specifically, and if so, would it be worth “upgrading” the firmware even though it’s already at 1.04?

TY in advance for any info & suggestions! And glad to be part of the Elektronauts community :slight_smile:

Does this kind of thing happen on other Elektron boxes?

I actually use this a lot live. As it is a way quicker version of turning mute mode on and off :stuck_out_tongue: #pleasedontfixthis

1 Like

Don’t know if this is a bug or hardware problem. With Digitakt playing external synths in chromatic mode, I can trigger notes. With a midi keyboard IN to Digitakt it only plays sample track 1 drum sound? Anyone know if this is a bug?

n.

I assume you have to choose the correct midi channel on your keyboard