Digitakt 1.04 : Bug reports

Trying to figure out whether this one is a bug or user error…

I can not record midi from external devices. The Digitakt receives MIDI messages when the MIDI track is selected (the corresponding pad for the selected track is flashing when I play notes on the keyboard, and it seems to send midi as well), but when i press record, it does not detect the MIDI notes.

“Manual insert” of MIDI notes (via the UI) works, and I can control external gear, once the MIDI messages are there.

It does seem to pass through the MIDI to other devices via the MIDI out of the Digitakt, also when record is active.

Have tried both via USB and MIDI cable.

Func+arrow left or right nudges all trigs in a track without bringing up the micro timing menu. Could this be what’s happening to you?

95% of my gear has worked day in and day out for years and years without a single crash. The DT is way too buggy to not be considered still in Beta IMO. Elektron should not have released it in the state that it was in. They should have released it at a reduced price and as a Beta model.

1 Like

With the two price hikes, unit is now 729 retail in the states, it would seem like it was released as beta at a lower price.

I preordered mine from Sweetwater, and it’s still listed at the same price now as it was then. Maybe it’s different where you are though.

I got mine from Sweetwater preorder 649. They are listed on Sweetwater right now for 729. Does Sweetwater do different pricing in different places?

Same price here on Sweetwater of $729 (San Diego, CA).
Probably due to increased “America First” taxes on everyone from our SELF PROCLAIMED “Most amazing, best at everything, your eyes are lying because I’m always right, fearless, smartest, most healthy, orange leader’s FANTASTIC” handling of our country.

Anyway, kind of glad I got mine before the price went up even if I have to wait for the pattern change bug to get fixed…

2 Likes

No its the microtiming graphic. I hold func, press one of the arrows to bring up the graphic and while I am making my own adjustments the digitakt adds some of its own, sometimes several places. It has definitely reached the point where as soon as I can make a backup its going back, I dont see anyone else with so many problems so it cant be software.

I meant to say func but I am sure you knew that, either way my digitakt has problems where as your one (as you have told us)does not, so why spend your time in a bug report thread nit picking those who do, do you work for elektron?.

@phaelam is just trying to help. There have been a number of bugs posted about that ended up being user error rather bugs. Also if the error can be duplicated by another user it confirms that it’s a bug.

I am also interested in this micro timing bug you are experiencing. Just want to make sure that I’m getting what you are doing.
So, when you are in grid record and you hold down the trig or trigs you want to microtime are you pressing anything other that the trig(s) and the arrow? If you are pressing Func+arrow left or right you will nudge every trig In the track. I only ask this cause you’ve mentioned holding func to activate the micro timing menu a couple times.

2 Likes

1,000% agreement here… many of us request this!

Do you have a midi cable plugging in? I find that my DT is more unstable when I have one plugged in.

Anyone having Random switching off, keys locked on occasion when it restarts.

Happens every time I use it, but just earlier I was moving cords and it cut out, then restarted. So, I’ve picked up the power brick and given it a shake, and the DT does it’s cutting off and on dance.
Everything is securely plugged in, so I’m suspicious of dodgy connections in the brick.

If anyone is experiencing this cutting out issue (I haven’t even used the midi yet) can you try giving the power brick a little shake and see if that’s what’s making yours cut out?

@catchthehare This is not a bug, you can’t dial every TC percentage. Each :3lektron: groovebox works the same in this regard.

1 Like

@phaelam is genuinely trying to help.
A weirdness is a bug if it can be reproduced.
Please have a read at the Guidelines.
This forum reflects what we all put within. Let’s keep it friendly!

A quick reminder : if you manage to consistently reproduce a bug or get it reproduced by another user, please write a ticket to :3lektron: support so that we have a chance it’s corrected in next OS.
:3lektron: doesn’t necessarily read this topic.

1 Like

Sorry if I am short but I had allready explained the behaviour in an earlier post without making a typo, it is a genuine reoccuring problem I am having as are are other things I have described in this thread, I have contacted Elektron about previous other issues and the reply is to send it back to them, which I will do when they provide the ability for me to secure my work.
Posting and discussing bugs in this thread seems the most sensible place to to it, especially for exsisting and future owners, remember we were supposed to be paying customers not beta testers so making it easy for us to report issues should be the priority not hiding it away behind support tickets, if Elektron are’nt keeping a close eye on this thread then they should, there is no excuse not to.

1 Like

As someone who worked as an IT tech support manager for 2 years, I can tell you that I much prefer having support tickets that forum posts to fix my customers’ issues. The latter can prove useful to provide context, but only support tickets provide a way to manage ALL requests and bug reports efficiently, which provides a better service to the customer. Tickets are made to be managed, quantified, sorted, grouped, bug patterns can be identified faster, to achieve the same using only forum posts would be extremely time consuming, I’m not surprised Elektron personel doesn’t spend too much time in here.

Don’t get my wrong, I completely understand your frustration when you talk about beta testers, as a long time Elektron customer, I’m very sad and surprised to see how the release of the DT was handled, it really feels like the company tried to do too much at the same time, but maybe there’s a way we could use this thread to share working temporary workarounds as well, or ways to circumvent the issue by working differently for the time being.

Wishing you all an excellent and musical weekend !

4 Likes

I guess the price has gone up. Last time I checked, it was the same. Apparently the price has increased everywhere. That surprises me given that the DT still seems buggy.

Hi just got my digitakt today…it was already with firmware 1.04 so its the new batch i guess…and I have this thing that kinda annoys me and i wanna know if it is a bug or not…when Im in LFO or SRC menus and turn C and D knobs at the same time, the display becomes glitchy and unusable for a while…is this normal?? thank you

1 Like

Thanks