Digitakt 1.04 : Bug reports

nope I haven’t, email? or do they reply on here?

For best service, log in to Elektron’s site here:

and create a support ticket.

3 Likes

I had this issue too. I thought that is was likely full RAM. The weird part is, the slot number would be listed next to the sample in RAM view, but the slot would be empty in SRC view. I unloaded some samples to make room, but it still wouldn’t load the one i was trying to do. I saved the project and reloaded it and the sample I wanted to use was then in the first available slot from what i unloaded. Weird! I need to send a ticket, but keep forgetting.

I get sound engine failures all the time. I’ve noticed it happens a lot when I have a midi controller sending note on/off to an audio track. Let’s say i have a few trigs on a track playing snare samples, and the sequencer is running. I can almost always get that track to crap out by playing a bunch of pitched snares ontop of what is there with my MIDI controller. Power cycle is only way to bring track back to life.

yea of the two beats It happened to me on, I got pissed and didn’t bother copying the first one, but the second one I copied all the sequences/trk sounds individually into a new bank (pain in the ass btw) just to get stuff done.

don’t worry. I submitted a ticket, and quoted my 2 initial replies and yours in the ticket. we good to go!! lol

2 Likes

Support Ticket - Naked Viking feat. Hot Science :joy:

4 Likes

its our first collaboration! lol heres to many more, of the musical side though lol

2 Likes

slightly defective UX design… the DT encoder knobs are delightful at times because they feel great… but for most part their functionality offers a terribly sensitive and capricious experience most of the time… it’s like hair pulling… when you want to tune a sample, but the number just jumps right past what you desire… or when “0” is unattainable after minutes of rotating the knob… should’ve been gauged with some fractional clicks broken up into 60 or 120 incremental rotations per full turn to offer more precision accuracy… easier to denote a turn and click vs a push and click. they need to check the user feedback and send us out a new batch of modded encoder knobs once it’s ironed out… my knobs are def quirky. but i’m used to the SP’, so I just work around its inherent flaws. :wink:

2 Likes

I think if you hold func while rotating the knob it’s easy reset to stuff to zero.
Hopefully that helps you a little. :smile:

2 Likes

I’ve tried that and it still jumps around quite a bit… but will have to finesse it carefully like a sensitive nipple suppose. :laughing:

1 Like

Interesting, it works for me.

DT have crashed/freezed even when pushing transpose button on Keystep. It seems that Keystep is poison for this devise… Anyone else having these issues?

I‘m not sure if it‘s a bug or caused by oversensitivity of the knobs!?
when i‘m in source view the sample slot menu opens up very often from alone, what sometimes causes the change of the sample while wiggling …

activating MIDI parameters by fun+knob button works painfull till randomly

A post was merged into an existing topic: Was it released too soon ? [compilation topic]

I’ve had one crash in dozens of hours of use. Not bad for a non-final OS, from my point of view. Yes, I admit I have a biased point of view having a smooth experience and still in my Elektron honeymoon period. (Plus I come from Korg electribe world, where you get 26 megs and sequences get stale fast.)

The Digitakt is vastly more stable than my iMac. Or my car. Or my brain. All of which I paid far more for.

Yeah, I often wish that press+turn was actually a fine rather than course adjust

1 Like

My problem was that loading a project caused the DT to crash. The issue started when I tried to load a new project whilst the DT was receiving midi note data from my DAW. I turned off the DT for more than a minute and unplugged all the midi cables and this seemed to clear things and now it works as normal. So the bug would be freezing if project is changed whilst the DT is receiving midi data.

I know this was a problem with earlier firmware version, but with 1.04 I am all of a sudden having issues dialing in a specific percentage / value for trig conditions on the D encoder. It definitely skips from 3% to 9% to 14% etc.
Anyone experiencing this again?

Dont think it went away, I dont find much use for the % my self so not used it for a while but its not the only parameter that moves in chunks.
Noticed a new super annoying phantom trigger problem, this time with microtiming. If I hold a trig to nudge the microtiming while playing very often it moves on its own just like the encoders, except this actually moves the microtiming instead of bringing a window up, no specific direction either. You have to keep a close eye on the screen as you work or before you know it its making its own decisions and messing the groove up, I only noticed when investigating why a pattern I had made had lost its rythm.