Digitakt 1.04 : Bug reports

yeah, tried that. don’t know if i always did that before the problem started, which might KEEP it from happening. will try tonight to do that always to see if that preventative measure works. but after it happens it does not fix it. turning off just the digitakt does not work. both have to go off and on. just using midi out from a4 to digitakt in and audio out from digitak into a4 in.

hihi
another week without a bugfix…
I guess it is not that easy to get things done…
One of the reasons I sold the DT again, while prices are still high…
I prefer my MD and OT over DT and now I know why…

I hope this will get better soon…

Freeze when activate auto channel for playing external keyboard connected midi IN to synth midi OUT of DT after 4 or 5 minutes…

this is good info, thanks. I’ve had both these problems without being able to figure out what triggered it exactly.

Hmm, I hope it’s not hardware related. It’s been over two months since the last update. All of the crashes seem midi/sync related and I wonder if they are having issues with a particular component. This is all speculative of course, would be nice if Simon or someone would chime in with some progress updates. :thup:

2 Likes

Yes please someone from Elektron should give us news.

i was wrong… I use often master keyboard through Ableton live (sync is active), so with just master key conected to DT that’s work. Sync is certainly the problem. Sorry

Can confirm. I often get the freeze when I switch between midi tracks and start playing with external keyboard. For the record, I have the DT as slave to an external drum machine, which may or may not contribute to the problem.

It’s definitely an issue with either the auto channel or sync

Sometimes when I mute and then un-mute a track it doesn’t start playing until I manually re-trigger the sample by hitting the associated pad. Anyone else have this behavior? Sorry if it’s already been mentioned - I haven’t read through the whole thread.

crashing again and again when outputting midi

1 Like

I’ve mentioned this before and was unsure if it was user error but I double checked and problem still happened. Plocks disappear on a track. Pretty sure that this has only happened on a track that I had pasted trigs into. So luckily I was able to just repaste. But even when saving, via pattern save and through the menu, on power down/up I hit play and the plocks disappeared again. Happened at two gigs and was super annoying. Luckily by the 2nd one I knew what was going on and quickly pasted from the neighboring track. Has anyone else experienced this?

I actually thought Elektron had reconsidered their approach to the community - there was a period where there was actual dialog. This silent treatment is disappointing, especially after they were present for a while.

8 Likes

Still loud audio clicks when connected to any usb port.

1 Like

no, actually logic sends midi clock thru usb, no hub. Clicks occur if the DT monitor in is activated also if no audio cables are connected to the unit. Pops are from DT outputs.

they seems like digital dropouts like the usb is feeding a wrong sample rate clock. But actually usb is not carrying any audio nor the DT is able to receive audio stream from usb.

logic has only a “send clock to all” and sees the DT usb as a midi device. the sync is right, pops are from DT output and are appearing in the input strip if you open the sampling page. If you have the “input monitoring” activated click and pops are transmitted to the output, like an incoming analog signal. If I mute the input no clicks are passed to output. If the sync is done with midi no issues at all, sampling, monitoring etc. Again, i think it has nothing to do with buffers or daw software. Is something related to the usb since appears DT will work with “overbridge”. So usb can manage audio but is software locked in someway.

Yes, same thing, sometimes…

Is it a longer sample as opposed to a one shot? Samples need to retrigger in order to play after being unmuted.

I’m pretty sure this happens when you tap and hold a trig to play a longer sample (on a track that also contains trigs) , and while holding that trig, use quick mute to mute or unmute another track. When you release your hold, the trigs on the held track won’t play until you tap the trig. I replicated this a couple of times.

Digitakt doesn’t pass through Pitch Bend & Mod Wheel data from an external keyboard to MIDI Out. Anyone else having this issue?