Digitakt 1.04 : Bug reports

It happens on shorter samples - drum hits etc. It just happened yesterday when i muted a hi-hat channel. When I unmuted the channel nothing played even though the track is full of trigs. Only when i manually trigger the sample do the trigs start playing. It doesn’t happen every time I mute a track, but it does happen fairly regularly, which is a little annoying.

Except it happens with all lengths of samples for me. I can’t be sure if it’s related to playing other samples manually while muting, but I can check tomorrow and see if that’s causing it.

Correct, the length of the sample has nothing to do with it. :slight_smile:

1.05? Where is it? :frowning:

2 Likes

Uploaded some samples from my computer to the Digitakt yesterday. All where first converted (in Wavelab) to 16 bit 48kHz mono.

The problem: Plays back ok but the the visuals are wrong on the SCR page for some of the samples. Looks like it should on my computer but check out the yellow cube in the waveform on this one.

I don’t believe the Digitakt is capable of handling Mod Wheel, Pitch Bend, or after touch input yet. I hope they add this soon!

2 Likes

Agree for the arrow turns you to the global bpm, this should have be a +FUNC feat.
I’D rather navigating tracks with theses left and right arrow when FUNC unpressed.

1 Like

Anyone have a bug where you copy & paste a track to a different ptn on the same track, no matter what you do you cannot record that track in to the sequencer? Literally i can change the sound I can hear that sound from the pad. But it just wont record back in via the step sequencer or live recording.

Can anyone replicate this, it’s destroying my latest master piece. please help.
Thank you.

Save us Elektron! xx

2 Likes

Make sure you have an audio track selected when previewing. If you select a midi track you won’t hear a thing.

3 Likes

You mean copying a sound from one pattern to another?

Make sure that the track in the new pattern isn’t pattern muted nor globally muted. (enter pattern mute mode with func+2xbank

Looks like the Octatrack Pong firmware made it’s way into the DT. :grin:

1 Like

same here

today i gave MIDI a try. i´m just using one external synth and it took a while to realize that rebooting will solve my none sending MIDI messages … :angry:

:joy:

that´s what i´ve done for several times on each MIDI track on every channel, than i thought it´s the buggy engine for sure and gave it a try with a reboot …
feels like having a new gameboy with damaged cartridges and sticky buttons :video_game:

Turning two encoders on the cc page simultaneously on a midi track, will make the stop sending messages. It’s a well known bug and it will be fixed.

1 Like

Thanks for this info, this explains the very erratic midi behaviour -which is solved with rebooting- I encountered while setting up my synths with the digitakt.

1 Like

Brick wall compression

Will take a look this evening… thanks very much for the quick response!

1 Like

This isn’t really a bug, but a bugbear I’m having. And I’m not sure starting a new thread is necessary. I’m using a Virus C with my Digi and what I thought was buggy program change messages (sometimes turning the encoders to change patch caused it to jump all over the place, that was MIDI thru nonsense.)

So when the first note of a pattern hits on a MIDI channel (without thru connected) it sends the PC message, and I’m guessing how the Virus C works with this is it has a little period of time where it loads the patch. What this means is it always misses the first note of a pattern even if the patch is loaded prior, although it doesn’t affect chains. So I’m obviously writing down the patch numbers for a project and disabling PC on the Virus. I’m not planning on using it live so it’s not a dealbreaker at all but it’s something I would like to find a way around. Any ideas please?

I replaced my ROM battery about a month ago, thinking that may be the culprit but no dice, although it did stop the thing crashing.

I’m having issues where it appears to send midi CC data when pressing the stop button. This completely borks the patch on my connected synth. Anybody else experiencing this?