Digitakt 1.03 : Bug reports

How about someone (a mod?) tabulate all the reported bugs and we can add a tally against each one depending on the number of instances, confirmed bug, possible user errors, etc?

(thankfully, touch wood, no crashes here…)

3 Likes

It’s def quiet I tend to have the gain up a bit more than everything else on my mixer

Specs say it’s capable of outputting +22dbu, which technically along with the heat should be the loudest Elektrons, maybe there’s some internal gain staging to tweak?

Maybe the over … but I tend to just leave that that alone

After playing with it a bit more, I’m thinking it might just be the factory content. Everything I send in to sample ends up about as loud as I’d expect.

2 Likes

Nothing new, just to report that in addition to the various problems reported previously, I now also had a seemingly random freeze/crash, forcing me to power down the machine and loose stuff.

No MIDI in, simple MIDI out, turned Knob H for volume control on the Waldorf synth … boom. Just stuck, display and machine frozen.

Very frustrating, considering this is a very basic functionality. Worked fine for hours and then this. I cannot reproduce this and the fact that these different problems occur seemingly randomly is starting to play on my mind. Having a TV or some kitchen device with these problems would not be acceptable by any standards.

With Elektron staff being on vacation for another month, we have to find something else to do during our vacation … should not be a problem :slight_smile:

Yah mine freezes all the time with midi :frowning:

Has anyone had an issue where you can’t switch patterns while in chromatic mode ? Not sure if bug or if I’m doing something wrong. When I press PTN I get flipped back instantly to chromatic mode.
I also had times when this worked fine, so I could be doing something wrong but I can’t figure out what it is.
If I step out of chromatic mode I can switch patterns normally

1 Like

ok, wierd seems that opening the pattern length settings and stepping out fixes it. Until you step out and into chromatic mode again, in which case I need to open the length/ptn menu and close it before I can switch patterns again.

Not sure if this is a bug but when trying to set a MIDI channel I have to try and push the encoder (whilst holding function) multiple times before it works. Have I maybe got a dodgy encoder? Seems to work ok the rest of the time.

Same here.

Yeah same here. Has the do with it registering it as a turn of the knob and pressing rather than only pressing it I think. Not a biggy, but should work no matter what though.

I can confirm this got fixed in v1.04

2 Likes

Just had something odd happen, I was adding some sounds from bank D to a pattern and after 2 or 3 problem free transfers bank D dissapeared completely and I now have no sounds available, its the same across all projects.

Have the same problem.
Were you able to fix it?
Cheers

No. I returned it to Sweetwater, and instead of getting another Digitakt, I just preordered a Rytm MKII instead. I was very leary of getting another buggy Digitakt, and I was also concerned that Elektron was never going to add a song mode to it, which would make it virtually unusable to me.

Thanks!

Mine does this too and it’s not connected to daw at present, maybe open a ticket with Elektron it’s probably a known one though and it’s on 1.04 too

hi there matt sam having the same problem

1, i record a sample
2 i can play and hear it chromatically etc
3.i step live or chromatcily record it to the sequencer
4…no sound when i play back

WTF…

did you find solution ? was it bug or operation issue ?

carl

Seems like it was the various modes of Mute available, look into the must modes and ensure the track is not muted, e.g pattern mutes, global mutes etc…

good luck