Digitakt 1.03 : Bug reports

Did you raise a ticket? It’s hard to pinpoint this one down though. It happened to me when I wasn’t even touching the machine.

Yeah this was frustrating. For me it seemed related to the MIDI loop back though. Could be random, but it happened a lot in that configuration, whilst it was fine for days without

I am really disappointed about this crash and freeze situation.
The thought that the elektron guys are in holiday instead of fixing the crap they sold is leaving a bad bad taste…

It is okay, everyone needs and deserves a holiday, but from customer view it is irresponsible to act like this.

not happy :frowning:

It makes me a bit angry coming to the elektronauts site and see the announcement for MK2 machines
instead of DT Update news that they work on…
It’s a bit like beeing laughed in the face… pure ignorance…

meh…

1 Like

dunno man,
looking at your previous posts you are very quick at saying something is a bug, a bug, omg a bug! only then it turns out to be user errors, pretty much always.

Did you maybe send solo cc messages to your Digitakt? Could it be that track 1 is solo’d?

1 Like

this is not passive aggressive, I’m asking you to just think a little more before posting “bug reports”.

not ruling out that this is actually a bug, but if I were a betting man, would put a fiver on user error.

2 Likes

I think the big problem with forums is that people tend to forget that their dialog is held in public…
I wold prefer that such personal conversations were not hold in public but through private channels.
It is not a nice thought that everyone can read and take part in a more personal conflict.
I think it is a bad behaviour getting sort of personal in public.
Don’t you agree?

1 Like

send un-solo cc message to track 1.
should be midi channel 1, controller 93, value 0.
e.g. use a computer.
make sure DT is set to receive midi, and set to receive controllers.

dunno if this is the cause, but worth a shot. Could have easily accidentally sent this from another device in the past, and then saved the solo state in the project.

I often end up having forgot that I created a new project without setting up my midi to NOT receive CC…
And as soon as I start messing around with my OT controller things go crazy on the DT…

So it is a good hint to doubleckeck that :slight_smile:

I whish there would be a better project handling as to have to create a sort of template with the required project settings and do a save as everytime a new project is created…

yes. this thread became unreadable. And if it had the intention as an information source for Elektron, it failed after the 100th entry. Annoying to watch reports about (in the meantime) well known bugs over and over again. Would be worth to search for specific problems BEFORE throwing an ad-hoc-posting. Checking workflow and personal setup BEFORE posting would also be a nice touch.

3 Likes

I think this needs more moderation.
I would expect a listing of known bugs in the beginning, so everyone could make a lookup…
That would make things a lot easier…

There are 321 replies with an estimated read time of 34 minutes.

I would not want to read through that before entering a “new” bug …

3 Likes

Absolutely. Someone (argh) needs to sum up this thread and sticks it on the first position.

2 Likes

I can 100% replicate your issue by soloing track 1 via CC message.
You must have sent a solo message in the past, then saved the project.
It’s global to the project.

2 Likes

Couldn’t recover the project at all

Excellent

ok not sure what you mean by mutes-linked-to-track-1 - try sending solo param 93, value 0 to all tracks, i.e. on channels 1-16. This will make sure all tracks are un-solo’d. If no tracks are solo’d, mutes should act like you would expect - check both global and pattern mutes…

my paypal is https://www.paypal.me/jakobpenca :slight_smile:

4 Likes

muting on the machine itself, or via midi…? does it also happen if you disconnect from computer / other midi devices?
not sure what can cause this… have you checked both pattern (purple) and global (green) mute mode?

Aaaaand yesterday I jammed for nearly an hour and a half slaved to my MPC Live, sequencing a Nord Drum 2 and had zero issues with the Digitakt. This was after it was left on overnight as well, though it was a new project created with 1.03.

I’d be a bit nervous if I were gigging with this machine, that’s for sure!

1 Like

I had a similar issue last night where after changing the sound in that track slot on one pattern it wouldn’t play the sequenced steps in others using the previous sound/region, although the sound would trigger if I tapped the button. Restart fixed it but it was super frustrating/confusing to deal with.

Also had some weird infinite sustain using looped sample regions. Might be me not knowing what I was doing as I only got the new unit monday but I couldn’t seem to see what I was doing wrong to cause it.

2 Likes

If I wanted something that crashes and has midi issues, I would get a laptop.

3 Likes