Digitakt 1.03 : Bug reports

One more DT freeze when switching its input (MIDI-USB) on DAW’s midi track. The frozen DT blocks my whole rig in its chain, some MIDI-notes stuck. DAW needs a restart.

Don’t know if it was DT specific: DT’s USB-port is from time to time not recognized in OSX’s AM-setup. Power cicle on the DT resolves the problem. Since A4 and AR show similar connection problems (reconnect USB helps out) I’m not sure if OSX (10.12.5) was responsible.

I’ve just got mine last week and had it send for RMA as the 9 key would stick down and prolong notes about half the time. My screen ‘clicked’ when touched as well, with super minimal pressure.

I figured I had nothing to lose and bugged Elektron’s support about the timeline for a patch. Their response was that they couldn’t give an exact date but that it “won’t be very long”. That sort of statement makes me guess it’ll be in the next week or two. I just hope we get a thoroughly stable device out of it.

6 Likes

:frowning:

I’ve had a weird issue where I’m working on a project, save it, switch to a new pattern and then back to the first pattern and my project is no longer loaded. I can re-load the project and continue working. Anybody else encounter this?

Had this twice today:

Sounds just stop being triggered. They play when trigged manually, but the sequencer won’t play anything no matter what.

Restarting has no effect, nor switching Banks etc.

Once this happened whilst the sequencer was playing, just went silent, but didn’t stop running. Again, could trig and hear the tracks manually.

I was able to recover from it once from a previous Project save, but with one Project I was left totally screwed - whatever state the machine is in when it won’t play the sequence was stored in the saved Project it seems.

Anyone else seen this ?

I’ve decided to wait a week to reboot after my most recent digi-brick crash. Hopefully this will all be fixed by then.

1 Like

My DT for the first time since I bought it a month ago literally would not power on. Just a black screen. After unplugging it and plugging it back in, it turned on. All the other hardware attached to the power strip turned on fine. Stuff like that makes me nervous as I don’t want it to brick out on me in the future. Also this has not happened to any other hardware I’ve owned. Not very confidence-inspiring.

here too
almost similar.
I have not found out the condition but sometimes the patterns stay silent.
I check the mutes but they are off
I check if trigs are still set to play the sounds and they are there.
I press the buttons one to eight to actually hear the sounds played.
And then, after a while the pattern is played again.
As all of the actions above just take seconds I consider it weird and a bit annoying but due to tha lack of observation I cannot say waht causes this…

meh…

Thanks. I’ve submitted a ticket for it.

Second time it happened, I wasn’t even touching the unit - it just stopped.

I’ve performed a Factory Reset, will see what happens today …

1 Like

did the factory reset kill your projects and samples as well?

No, I think it’s cool long as you haven’t changed anything in the presets project - double check here first though. My projects and samples are still there.

The ‘empty reset’ probably wipes everything though

2 Likes

Edit: Spoke too soon, just went silent again (not touching the unit at all, just same pattern playing).

Tried another Factory Reset, reloaded the project, but the sequencer will not trig anything.
I can trig the sounds manually. New patterns, changing samples, nothing gets the trigs playing again.

Unfortunately in this unstable state, this is completely unworkable, as I never know when I’m going to lose my work, and I can’t seen to recover it at all.

2 hours solid with no issues after the Factory Reset.

DT as master, OT and AK slaved. Working wonderfully. (No USB)

My Digitakt fails constantly when uploading samples. Just one shots I’ve tried everything. Lame.

Just happened again, wasn’t touching the machine. Just running an existing pattern from an earlier session, now nothing triggers at all.

Had MIDI in connected - going to try just sending MIDI out (as master).

Had MIDI channels disabled for Tracks 1-8 though.

When I place a trigless trig on a track with a long sample the trigless trig somehow messes with the amp. This happens without even locking parameters to it, just placing the trig somehow affects the amp of the sample thats playing.

Is this how it should be? It can be fixed by editing the amp on the trigless trig but I thought it shouldn’t do anything at all until some parameters are locked on the trigless trig. It might be user failure, just asking to make sure :sweat_smile:

Not sure if this is a feature request or a bug…

When changing track length live, while the sequencer is playing, the track will often go out of sync. As in, the 1st beat won’t be on the 1st beat of all other tracks when changing back to 4/8/16 steps. This is pretty annoying since it makes it kind of impossible to do this live without messing up the timing.

Empty reset “should” wipe everything, but it doesn’t. Even after doing an empty reset three times, I still had to go in and delete my projects and samples files manually.

1 Like

I do that because that’s how I work live with a mate of mine. We improvise everything (techno), so while I do plan on making some patterns ahead of time, mostly I program everything live. while playing live it’s very nice to change pattern lengths in real time while sequencing a synth for instance. :slight_smile:

I know why it happens. But it would be way nicer if it didn’t. It doesn’t reset either. Only when I switch patterns and back.

It doesn’t seem like it’s normal behavior. If you can change pattern length while de sequencer is playing, it makes no sense to have that track then fall out of sync.