Digitakt 1.03 : Bug reports

Yeah it’s a glaring mistake, especially for a box with no song mode that’s marketed as a LIVE instrument. There’s just so many things wrong with this brick, it’s really depressing.

Update on the silent sequencer issue (sequencer runs but tracks have all gone silent. Tracks trigged manually can be heard though).

I originally had the bidirectional MIDI connection from DT<->AK, so tried with nothing connected to the DT MIDI IN.

Not had this issue after 10 hours of playing today, so could be a clue. Support are aware.

Had a screen issue though.

After some time, the screen becomes corrupt - lines strikes through, etc.

After power cycling, the display sometimes fails to come on at all. Removing the power supply and then restarting after a pause brings it back on. Seems to be just the display in that instance though - the sequencer still runs and buttons are lit, audio is normal.

I’ve raised another ticket for this one.

Well that’s a bit over the top tbh. I’m having a ton of fun with it and it’s very capable as a live instrument as is. This was just one of the few things I noticed that need to be fixed. There are some things that could have been better but are far from impossible to work around.

I’m sure the new update will bring more good things. Hopefully they fix that pattern length problem.

This is how Elektron markets it:

Beat making powerhouse
Compact, rugged and to the point. Digitakt is a formidable drum machine and sampler. With an astounding feature set and an exquisite digital sound engine, the stage is set for a striking encounter.

I had to suppress a smirk when reading “astounding feature set” :sweat_smile:

They state the sequencer is live friendly so I assume that changing track lengths causing the track to get out of sync is a bug and will be fixed.

1 Like

Let’s hope … I really want to use this for a show coming up but it keeps freezing etc. Hope we get an update soon. Transfer has become a nightmare works 10% of the time now.

1 Like

Had a small gig today, also had a frozen note :-/ anyone else? Is there some way to send a MIDI panic message other than mashing the stop button?

Live Recording Filter sweeps for sustained notes appears to affect the pitch and duration of the notes?

Anyone else having buggy CC transmission? On the “filter” page on a MIDI-track with the assignable value 1-8 knobs.
Knob 7-8 doesn’t send anything regardless of which CC I choose. And sometimes the interpolation seems weird. Like going from value 56-57 on digitakt will send it from 56-127 on the target device.

1 Like

I’ve reported this also. It also happens when you place a trigless trig. It somehow affects the amp. In some cases it can be fixed. It also happens when live recording something as simple as panning. The whole sound can be changed radically. Not sure if what I’m doing is wrong or of if its a combination of user error and a bug, or just a bug.

Not sure if I should file. ticket as it might be normal behaviour. Buut when I record panning it all sounds fine until the pattern restarts. If I do it manually by p-locking the panning for each step it is fine. In live recording it messes things up. Confusing :confused:

1 Like

Shouldn’t do it, doesn’t happen on OT etc. Of course we have slide trigs there though for smooth transitions…

1 Like

I connected the Digi to my soundcard for the first time and the signal was too hot, compared to my other gear… I had to turn the volume fairly down …

Do you guys have that sort of behaviour too?

I actually thought the Digitakt was a bit on the quiet side, but it’s all relative to what other gear you own.

My mistake! It was a matter of proper mixing… It sounded ok with the factory presets… I guess a compersor and a eq will help.
And I have a feeling that we will have them both soon : )

playing midi note 60 mutes the sound of the currently selected track… (on my controller thing anyway)
issue
ive setup a keyboard within midi designer 2 which spans the range .
if i play note with value of 60 . 90 velocity , it mutes that track.

perhaps its too high but i’d prefer if it just played the highest note instead of muting the track.
i use a button on CC 94 to mute a track. :slight_smile:

note : it starts triggering again if you press the track buttons or a lower key.

my layout is nearly done.

Hey I’m getting pitch glitches not in a good way on chromatically played samples. If I play a melody then go into live recording to automate pan for example the pitch of the melody gets changed and acts glitchy. Not sure if anyone else has run into it

1 Like

yep all over the place
… other times works fine
tends to freeze out of nowhere too

does it ever freeze when you try to do it mine does which is a no go live for now

Never froze while doing that. Only had a freeze while quicksaving and one exception error when I sampled something I think. Other that it’s been running smooth for hours on end. It’s strange that some users experience way more freezes. Hopefully they’ll fix this soon.

Had a similar problem,
Froze while loading 2 samples into the Project (drum hits, shakers, very light files).
Tried to turned it on, didnt turn on at all.
Tried again for more 2 times, no answer.
Waited 30 secs, did it again, turned it on froze on :3lektron: logo.
Took power supply off and left it resting for a minute,on the next attempt it worked, and loaded the Project i was working on a previous state (around 2 hours old Project - even though i had been constantly saving my Project evolution), than I reloaded the Project and it worked.

Sending a support ticket for this, catastrophe if this happens live… ;(

1 Like