DigiPAD - Launchpad Pro for Digitakt and synths

Announcing the first official version of DigiPAD - the Launchpad Pro firmware for Digitakt and synths.

Please note: An independent creation. Not endorsed by Elektron or Novation.

New features allow Polyphony on the Digitakt with PolyFORK smart midi channel managing. This could also be used to control multiple monosynths or multiple channels of a multitimbral synth in a cool way.

Blues Mode!

Volume and Filter Control with a Slider-like layout.

Many more features highlighted on past YouTube videos.

I’ve started a Patreon account related to this. Get extra features of DigiPAD by being a patron and at certain level help steer the future features and development of this and other cool “gearwear” projects.

This unlocks all sorts of potential in the Digitakt in a hardware only solution. A new instrument and control surface. Let me know your questions and thoughts.

18 Likes

Very cool! Now it is time to purchase a LP PRO! Consider me a supporter on Patreon shortly!

2 Likes

Wow excellent work! Really liking where this is going

Hey, great work! Small suggestion - It’d be good to have the readme in txt format. I had to do a bit of googling to grab a md reader.

Absolutely. Thanks for the feedback. I’ll add that soon.

2 Likes

Awesome!

This is quite brilliant! Every feature leaves me more and more impressed. Most immediate- sample slots. Brilliant!

Even the Patreon release platform is an interesting move as well- Are you planning to add more features later on?

Also, is there a difference between the open download and the patreon version? (I don’t have a Launchpad- I’m just admiring the art of the execution of this)

In summation, great job!

really interesting idea. will this work with the launchpad s or only the pro version?

Thank you! Yah, I really like the sample slots “surface”. I’ve poured a lot of different aspects of musicality into the modes and hope this can inspire many performance ideas and songs. the “ScaleArp” Mode is one of my favs for melodic jamming.

Yes, planning on many more features. The Open download is very generous and I would say doesn’t hold back. It gets all the core features out there so that people can experience the power of the PolyFORK and demo a lot of what this thing can do. The patron version has some really nice added modes like DualScaleArp Mode (a refinement of ScaleArp that’s great for playing 2 timbres together like bass and lead) and the Master Arp Mode. More modes will be added to that one first I predict.

I’m also thinking of making other music apps eventually. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just the Pro because that one has the opensource firmware possibility. the S is more limited in that respect.

Brilliant!

It’s an interesting approach to releasing creations. I hope it works out for you!

ah that’s too bad, thanks for the quick reply though.

Glad to see you finally got more of this up and running! Loved the demo you sent me a few weeks back. Makes me miss having the DT haha.

Do you still have the Launchpad Pro? There may be other ways to still utilize “DigiPAD” with synths, iPad, or computers.

Thanks to those who helped get this up and running. I’ll be adding more complete documentation on all the features and some videos to further explain things.

Ok, I’m exhausted now! Just completed and posted a major undertaking of documentation for the Digipad and its many offerings.

A few things left to add but the bulk of it is there. Definitely enough to get a sense of what it does without installing it.

3 Likes

I do indeed! I’ll probably never get rid of the Launchpad, just too useful.

Cool. Lots of Potential for LPP. It’s going to keep growing!

Lots of progress on spreading the word around for this…I’ve made videos about various different use cases. I added a Goal to the Patreon account… check it out at https://www.patreon.com/fenixsong
I’m also really excited about Digitone, so let’s get this going and I will add Digitone specific features to “DigiPAD”. Of course if I get there, new Digitakt specific features will get added as well.
Thanks!

Yes, quite far down the road from that starting point.

1 Like