DigiPAD - Launchpad Pro for Digitakt and synths

I enhanced the PolyFORK feature
and
the Digitakt Control Mode!!

They both work great and help round out the features.
More news soon.
Going to be added to the Patron Version.

1 Like

Digitakt V0.4 Is complete, and available to patrons at patreon. (Link already in thread)
Hereā€™s a video describing the new/enhanced features.

Its taking PolyFORK to the next level of control, which I think will increase the places it can be used.
Limit the number of tracks it can take up to 2,3,4,5,6, or unlimited.
Very nice control and updates to Digitakt Control Mode and other fixes.
Any level of patron gets this and all the other gear stuff that will be coming.
1 Like

hi man! Now I can throw my RK-002 MIDI??? :no_mouth::no_mouth:

I could say Yes. but letā€™s give a more complete perspective:
If you want to use your Keyboard in this way with DT, then maybe thereā€™s still a good use for the Cable.
PolyFORK on the DigiPad provides this functionality on the Launchpad Pro.
Itā€™s pretty awesome if you own a Launchpad Pro!!! If you donā€™t you should go buy one! LPP does this and a lot more. :laughing: Seriously worth it! Iā€™ve seen the price drop a bit too.
I was going to make a short video about this other advantage, but here it is:
A Keyboard takes upā€¦letā€™s say around 3 feet or longer. You can put the LPP in your live rig and do cool music and it only is about 1foot by 1 foot. Nice to keep the stage footprint down and cool looking.

1 Like

Hey Guys and Gals,
I was researching Analog synths, especially multitimbral ones, and so I obviously found the Analog Four!!! So nice!!
Big mistakeā€¦I must have it!! Eventually. Canā€™t swing it yet, but :smiling_imp:
ā€¦it got me thinkingā€¦
Until I can afford this masterpiece, how can I emulate some of the coolnessā€¦using my Digitakt?
Not possible,
unlessā€¦ I do some tricky $h!pht with my DigiPAD. What could that mean? Itā€™s not going to make the DT Analog. No, but its going to do something new and unexpected.
The wheels are turning again and new features will follow.
Stay tuned.

2 Likes

Could I use this with the Launchpad MINI if I had my mini connected to my DAW then sending that midi out into my Digitakt?

You couldnā€™t use this per se, because its firmware for the Launchpad Pro specifically. However, I am working on other projects with Launchpad and a Web based programming, and if the SYSEX messages are the same on the mini, then that could take advantage of what Iā€™ve done with the web.
Maybe you could test itā€¦its at:
(LINK OUT OF ORDER ATMā€¦Repair Man sent out to Site)
Very cool side project, but not very far along compared to DigiPAD. Is there a PROGRAMMER MODE on the Mini?

site is blank page

Sorry about that. Iā€™ll have to get that one back up and running in a bit.

DigiPAD Version 0.5 is out now!!!
Get it at my Patreon site.
Some really exciting new features can take your Digitakt in new ways.
Video there describes most of the new features. Itā€™s a lot of fun. I got sucked in and was playing it for hours.

Work fine in Launchpad Sā€¦?

Looks like some great work! Iā€™m thinking about getting a LPP but after looking at the documentation there are a bunch of things that are still not clear to me. For example:

Is it possible to have it as a controller for multiple machines, such as Digitakt, Octatrack, Rytm, A4, Deluge, Pyramid and have specific targetted setups for each machine without needing to get the computer involved? (after setup of course)

Can the pads be set to latch, so for example set them up as 64 mutes, and the LED can show the mute state without needing bi-directional midi connections?

Can the notes be assigned to each pad individually and stored for later recall?

Can the pads be set to specific CCā€™s with on/off values set for each?

Can the pads have mixed assignments eg top row for volume, 2nd row for fx send, 3rd row for notes or what have you?

I appreciate that these questions somewhat derail the thread, but you seem to know a fair bit about the capabilities of the LPP so I hope you do not mind.

Just Launchpad Proā€¦sorryā€¦ but I would seriously recommend the Pro! So many options, even beyond DigiPAD.

Donā€™t mind at all! Happy to clarify.

Q: Multiple Machines? A: Absolutelyā€¦ from Digitakt there is a MIDI thru, so you can keep going thru that and control multiple. Midi THRU is great on any machine that has it. Otherwise a MIDI splitter box helps. After that for setup: Just set each machine to only respond to the midi channels you want to send it. (Specific targeted setups? Not sure what you mean thereā€¦it would do what it sends via midi, potentially the machine could handle it in its own way via itā€™s setup)

Q: Latch? A: Latch means different things in different areas. I donā€™t have bi-directional in it mainly because the Digitakt doesnā€™t easily send out the information about what is muted. I do however have a ā€œDigitakt Control Modeā€ that has mutes for all 16 of its tracks (internal and the midi) and the lights are green and toggle dim when you mute or unmute.

Q: Assign? A: No. There really isnā€™t a way to make a config editor for this. If there even was a way to do it ā€œin boxā€ it would be very confusing and hard to use. With DigiPad Iā€™m trying to make very usable ā€œInstrumentsā€ that are designed to do amazing things with the 64 Pads weā€™re given.

It has the potential to do all those things you mention, but probably with programming it. Hope that helps.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, I think Iā€™ll get a LPP to try it, your creation seems very interesting and a lot of fun :thup:

1 Like

New DigiPAD coming out soon. Video is a lot of fun. More production value and hand-drawn animationsā€¦but the features in this thing nowā€¦ Exploding! MegaBANG!

2 Likes

Dude, edge of my seat! Canā€™t wait to see what youā€™ve been working on

Here it is! Digitakt becomes a new powerhouse of improvā€™ live fills/rolls + Digitone + Octatrack (beta as I donā€™t have an Octatrack to test on)
4 Likes

Seriously cool ā€“ this really fills in a gap for me with live digitakt performance. Thank you!

Any chance of a one off payment option for this please?
Iā€™m not really sure about getting locked in to a monthly subscription if possible. Thanks