Did Elektronauts become "british" these days?! :-D

oh yeah, that makes sense. take your Elektrons to the beach and in those short moments the kids come out of water they quickly touch your battery pack and you have another hour to jam :smiley: i still have that tiny little feeling that it might not work out … what if they … become something - INHUMAN that way? electrifying each and everyone they come close to? oh well … wait - if the little girl one day becomes a sexy women she doesnt need electricity for that anyway :smiley:

yeah, guess its unhealthy … :sunglasses:

This sentence makes me anxious :smiley:

1 Like

:loudspeaker: Warning
:warning:️Potential spiral back​:warning:️

3 Likes

― Eckhart Tolle, The Power of Now

4 Likes

Sounds like a good book

1 Like

but it could happen. my neighbour for example - he has a daughter, she’s now 12 years old and its a beautiful young girl. you can already see that she might become a very attractive women one day. one day we had a beer and we also spoke about that. sometimes he already ask’s himself: what happens the day she brings her first boyfriend home? will he become fastidious; not accepting that she likes him just because he think that boy isnt good enough for her daughter? or will he relax and just calm down; accepting what she wants? he’s separated already; just 2 years older than i am. his daughter is visiting him every 2 weekends or so. at that point im a bit glad that i dont have own childs. no need to worry about stuff like that one day :smiley: on the other hand i think he’s very proud of his daughter; that he brought such a beautiful human being to life - regardless of all the headaches involved :slight_smile:

well, this is going into a direction where one could almost ask himself: are we selfish? is it selfish to get children because we want to be proud of them one day? is it stupid to think that one might have missed its natural given task to reproduce - if he/she doesnt? i twaddle too much - i should go to bed now :smiley:

1 Like

facepalm

:elan: :elan:

4 Likes

I went ahead and ordered that book! Thanks for sharing!

Elektronauts is becoming a one stop shop for gear discussion, music sharing, and spiritual enlightenment! :smiley:

2 Likes

I lost my spectacles again today and thought there was a popular thread on here entitled “Are you happy with your Ryan?”
Just made me titter for a mo.
:smile:

2 Likes

:elan: :heart_decoration:

1 Like

You sweet man, you.
Talking of books, please do give “The Manual” that i linked further up, a read! It really is very funny and full of wisdom AND TRUTH about the music industry.
:fist:

1 Like

I just saw that! I’ll definitely give it a read later today.

Though, me and the industry don’t get along. Like, I think I’ve been excommunicated from without having ever been communicated in the first place. I’ve gone through a couple books on the music business to try and make this music work, but the book always assumes the reader has fans. Which means the info is just outside of my realm of understanding :smiley:

Well my man, this will be like no other book you’ve ever read. It’s incredibly cynical and cuts through all the shit, and the best thing about it is THEY ACTUALLY DID IT!!
Google Bill Drummond and read up on them. Genius.
Talking of which, our very own genius @PeterHanes liked that link within nanoseconds, so you know i’m not fibbing!
:wink:

1 Like

Analog RTFM

2 Likes

But, I bid ye all bon nuit.
Had a very busy day with the kid building our new 2017 den as you can see.
But tomorrow is going to be a dream come true.
And I quote “Daddy, can we go down to the Mothership and make a track tomorrow?”
I’M SO PROUD AND HAPPY.
I will post our offering tomorrow. Gawd help you!!
:wink::joy::joy:

5 Likes

Oh yeah your studio scene is sweet fellow funkateer…

1 Like

Here’s a nice video on Bob Moog and early electronic instruments and music. I’m pretty sure this is the one…

2 Likes

But my litt’lun has shunned it completely up until today and then totally unprompted, ca me out with that!! It was a classic " That’s m’boy!!" moment!

3 Likes

The birth of a star!

Yeah, awesome. Watched this several times.
Great shout Doc!

1 Like