DFAM mind melting thread

And I will pair them :ok_hand:

1 Like

I recommend just ADV/Clock on the DFAM for syncing at first, to really understand the uniqueness of the built in sequencer, but that A4 of yours might prove useful for the trigger/velocity patches (conditional trigger trigs, LFO for velocity comes to mind) :sunglasses:

Iā€™ve seen the use of CUE out with a really loud noise but it is hard to get the right voltage/pulse. I just use my Blackbox for sync duties but otherwise have fun with it!

4 Likes

This is my plan :wink:

Use the DFAM own sequencer, conditional trigs and p-locks with A4 and mangling with OT. Guaranteed fun :star_struck:

1 Like

I used my OT to sample the DFAM trig out. Then load that sample into a flex machine sent to the cue output. Shove that in the DFAM adv clock in and bazoongaā€¦ polymeter, condtional trigs, you name it.
Just remember to pan the sample hard right or left to get full signal. Works like a charm.( see my track Redback Flush above)

7 Likes

Youā€™s are making me want to buy an Octatrack now.

2 Likes

Oh dont you worry, Ive been eying off stereo distortion units while at ā€˜workā€™ā€¦ not actually going to buy one though. A heat would be nice but it isnt going to write tunes for me. Ive got plenty of stuff anyway.

It wonā€™t, but it polishes the shit out of most of my turds.

1 Like

Really? If you take the shit out of a turd, what are you left with?
Or is it just the surface shit that gets polished?

5 Likes

Do you currently have a sampler or groovebox?

Yep, got a Digitakt. Donā€™t worry, Iā€™m feeding it the recommended 5 a day.

1 Like

You can probs sample the DFAM trigger sound, do the pan trick (or just donā€™t apply stereo FX to the track or master), trigger all steps for the pulse, and sample the DFAM without any other tracks going with conditional trigs.

Also if you use overbridge you can then use comb filters in your DAW (if you use OB at all).

Sample a bunch and enjoy!

Curious to see the results of this :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Sampling the DFAM trigger is just genius! Love that idea.

I currently am sequencing my DFAM with Pamelas new workout sometimes or marbles or all. Actually ill probably have something to post soon.

My analog Rytm is my clock for modular and everything else. Which is cool because when I swing the RYTM, everything gets affected by it.

3 Likes

When you say sampling DFAMĀ“s trig you mean that pulse signal? For those who own an OT or simillar I would recomend CV.ocd, you could use one midi track to send lfos, notes, trigs to DFAM. Very poweweful combo. I own eurorack version, Mutant Brain, and is perfect for DFAM.

5 Likes

Ooof! More jammin with the DFAmmin today.
Hereā€™s what I have discovered:
*vca output is an excellent source of distortion.
*I dont like the sound of the DFAM through the octatrack, it sounds lush through my mixer, must be the analogue circuits and eq perhaps.
*Sending a pulse from the OT into the DFAM adv clock in is ā€˜heaps funā€™ to use the local parlance.
*Definitely run DFAM through an analogue delay, again, my tastes, but the several digital delays I have access to dont seem to do the same thing as the MXR pedal.

I recorded another piece today. Might save it until I have more material then unleash a wee album maybe.

Good to hear what others are up to. Loving the various styles and different uses of this most entertaining of synths.

3 Likes

f7c955d8941c3ef78fe9dc8f372f25c7fc2bc5da_2_690x388

It is not for sale anymore :yum:

5 Likes

Welcome to the best thread on elektronauts, young apprenticeā€¦

2 Likes

Some buy toilet paper, I prefer to buy this little bastard :hugs:

1 Like

See, the way of the Si(n)th is the path to wisdom.

1 Like

Dfam over tp any day of the week.

1 Like