DFAM mind melting thread

Thanks. I’m pretty hopeful, the guy’s a big fan of Prurient, so he should at least understand the general vibe.
If not, I’ll just force him to listen to Whitehouse for 2 weeks straight until he does as he’s told.

1 Like

Excellent. And never forget the effectiveness of a swift blow with a mic stand across the shins as a motivator should he display any reluctance.

1 Like

Will do.

I just ran my gear as follows.

DFAM, into bit crusher, into ext. in on the Lyra (distortion and delay feedback dimed, all voices droning on total feedback), into a stereo reverb, into the heat (saturation, pretty much all set to 11). Fucking. Hell.

My windows are angry.
As is my wife.

6 Likes

It’s like an ear massage or somethin’

1 Like

I only ever had one massage, on my honeymoon in Bali.
If you call a massage getting kicked the shit out of by an elderly but quite angry little Asian lady for half an hour whilst laying on a plank wearing nothing but a paper jockstrap then yes, I know exactly what you mean.

7 Likes

Were you happy in the end? scnr :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

No, she made me get in a cold bath full of dead flowers. God knows how old the water was.

1 Like

To be fair the DFAM can have 0 desireble results sometimes while making your ears bleed.

But that was a nice and warm sound that filled all pockets of air with goodness

1 Like

Good stuff - how are you syncing the DFAM?

Edit: i see it:)

1 Like

DFAM loves my Dynacord Echocord Mini, great combo.

1 Like

This is one of my favourite DFAM tracks.
It´s by Kris Lennox.
He recorded 3 layers of one DFAM.
I tried to replicate that style but it´s not that easy.

whatever, it shows that DFAM can do other things than techno.
I should change the tuning knobs sooner or later, because it´s
very difficult to tune with the original ones…

10 Likes

Changing the knobs makes it so much easier for me and my fat little arthritic fingers.

Ok so here is some food for thought for those of you seemingly stuck with the DFAM (or just want to try some new things)

Use another source of drums with the DFAM and play around with different start points in the sequencer

It is absolutely crazy the contrast you can get with what seems to sound terrible, but ends up actually being INTENSE with a simple 4 on the floor…

Here is an example, wait for about 30 seconds for the kick/snare to pick up from the blackbox:

Reverb and Delay help a lot as well. But that seems to apply to most synths regardless haha

15 Likes

Banging, that.

2 Likes

Gearing up to record something soon. Have put current projects aside for a bit to play DFAM and Lyra. They work so well together. Also just got the Ether involved tonight. Filth. Pure filth. The perfect extra layer of noise.
Coming soon.

7 Likes

This is the ultimate set up, throw in a delay pedal and a bit of eq and complete audio savagery awaits.

Yeah man. Thats a delay pedal in the left of the pic. Got Eq on the mixer (out of shot). Its all coming together.:muscle:

1 Like

I can’t wait to hear what you can do with this set up.

1 Like

Carbon copy is great for DFAM! That’s what I use. Carbon Copy and a Polara Reverb. I keep seeing and hearing about this Lyra. I think I’ll stick to my Ottobit Jr. and OT to make weird noises for now :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I like the sound and the style!!

1 Like