DFAM mind melting thread

Yea it’s a heavy pill for sure. They were on sale for a while at GC and Sweetwater for $499 but I guess Moog inflated the price above the original $599…

I got mine used at a pretty steep discount from the new price, there were quite a few knocking around when I was looking (I suspect that’s because unless you delve pretty deeply, it can appear pretty limited…)

1 Like

I have m:c on order waiting, and i have dfam. Dfam great as it is, it is drum synth, or better , (one voice!) synth drum, where as m:c is 6 track drum machine (2 of the voices being 1 voice fm synth and poly wavetable synth), you will not get nowhere near with dfam ( it would be easier to get something similar with m:c than other way around, but not that analog sound). And don’t forget the sequencer on m:c is full blown elektron.
As much i like the sound of dfam, you can not save patterns, and getting away from the 8step feel is difficult. Yes, i tried to sequence it form a4, but it defeats the purpose of using it , because using its internal sequencer yields results that are out of the usual musical scales, and that is what i like the most about it.

3 Likes

Some light afternoon pissing about with just the DFAM on its own (with a tiny bit of delay for support). It’s a bit bassy, so go careful.

16 Likes

Beautiful. Reminds me of an MS20 patch I made once, totally ruined it by trying to make it into a ‘proper tune’ .

Must get my DFAM out again soon!

1 Like

Fairly subtle DFAM use here, its the ‘bassline’ I think I triggered it from my OT… cant remember. Recorded live one take

14 Likes

Nice man, love the drums to

1 Like

Yeah, them drums is poppin’.

1 Like

@Fin25 @NoobatronMaximus3000 , thanks! Maybe I should revist that TR8-S… got quite a good result after listening again. :thinking:

Was stoked on the DFAM sound in that one, what ever knobs I twiddled, I twiddled em good…

2 Likes

It is mostly about the twiddling

1 Like

DFAM twiddles are either the worst or the best. That’s for sure

4 Likes

More face melting techno bangers with the DFAM.
A little bit of help from Lyra and Heat as usual but it really is amazing how much you can get out of just the DFAM and a little bit of delay.

29 Likes

Yes! Heavy rythm. Now I wanna go jam on my dfam…

2 Likes

Bloody lovely.

1 Like

More.

Is noise though.

Mostly cross modulation on the DFAM, it’s been pretty heavily bit crushed this time though. Heat for dirt and Lyra for sadness, as is becoming the tradition in my household.

9 Likes

I love it and I havent even listened to it yet. Just finished an hour jamming my lyra and dfam through some pedals and my mixer. Burning the mixer channels hot as it will go. Did I record it? No. Its the tradition of my house.

2 Likes

I love the stuff I don’t record way more than the stuff I do.
That stuff is just for me.

5 Likes

Ok listening now. Nice! Its like , how noisy guitar bands wished they sounded like.

2 Likes

Funny you should say that. I’ve got a rehearsal room booked with a guy I’ve never met whose been a singer in loads of hardcore bands. I guess I’m mentally starting to make music more suited to that sort of thing. The last couple of weeks, my noisier output has left some space for a vocalist, I guess this is a good example of that.

2 Likes

Cool! While having a vocist may secure you loads of gigs, fans and all that stuff (because for some reason the masses need a singer in order accept most music) i hope it goes well and i hope the vocals doesnt ruin the vibe of the thing.

1 Like