DF Audio Minibay - desktop patchbay

A new option for peeps who can’t deal with rack mount patch bays for whatever reason. Not a fit for everyone, but probably a fit for someone

5 Likes

This would be cool to setup against the back wall of a desk standing up. I have a rack mount and have yet to find a plausible location for it in my limited area. Always awesome to have options!

3 Likes

Interesting that they are treating the 1/4" TRS jacks as stereo rather than balanced.

I like the concept, particularly that it was built with 1/8" jacks for patching.

2 Likes

I’m not sure it’s quite the right balance for me, but I’m glad to see folks trying new stuff.

2 Likes

This could be a viable solution if it becomes available in Sweden or the EU but otherwise it would be too much work and risk.

I would have to import it, which would add to the cost at least 25% to the total value of the order, and I would probably have to pay customs fees as well.

Warranty would also be problematic because I would have to ship it back, and then re-import a replacement.

I’m not against a rack-mounted patchbay, I’m mainly looking for input from other people because this isn’t something I can try out anywhere near me.

I think they just use stereo and balanced interchangeably.

They do mention balanced signals as well:

Standard TRS cables can be used to connect to stereo devices with TRS sockets (e.g. headphone jacks). Left and right channels are then routed independently on the main panel. The same applies when working with balanced signals says the developer.

1 Like

You might want to contact the seller as stated here:
https://www.dfaudio.com.au/shop

Your assumptions may or may not be correct but it should not cost you anything financially to send him an email.

1 Like

i just saw this Minibay in a bassist’s setup on instagram, so i went looking and found it!

did any among you all get one of these?

i’m thinking this thing is something i very much need.

it’s not GAS cuz it’s not a synth, right? …right? it’s a utility, so that’s like way different

…anyway… anybody using one? thanks!

I got one. It’s pretty cool. I did a video on it here:

Any questions gimme a shout!

5 Likes

that was awesome. thanks for posting! i gotta get one of these

1 Like