Desktop stand for equipment, custom stands

I really like this

1 Like

Has anybody built a frame/case style stand out of Hex Plywood?

Would be nice to make a more bespoke stand out of oak, but equally would be more of a shame to mess up a nicer material and there are usually offcuts available of plywood.

I’m thinking about building a frame stand for the Maschine+ (to start with). I’ve made racks, a production desk, some other prototypes for stuff in the past, but partly inspired by the stand in the link below and Jef Gibbons’ studio, i’d like one with a wrist pad on it for the retro MPC look.

This looks similar to the Fonik stands, but the measure will obviously need adjusting for wrist pad and perhaps Deckstand. Also the written measures for the sides don’t tally up with the drawing, so worth double checking if anyone else uses it to make one.

1 Like

Anyway, will Hex Ply be a dirt magnet? Or, can a sticky vinyl be applied to regular ply, if hex isn’t suitable?

This is not a custom stand, but one of the best solutions I’ve seen and the one I’m using for all my second level/tier equipment on my desk now:

It’s an Amazon laptop stand, super nice build quality, very sturdy, and it has the advantage that tilt and height of the stand can be freely adjusted, which is very nice and was a major bother with other stands (even custom made ones) that I had. I have four of these (paid 22€ each :scream:), with an A4 mk1, an OT mk2, a Dreadbox Erebus, and a Dreadbox Nyx on them.

I’m so happy and excited about how well these work that I thought I’d share it here.

Here a few pictures to give you an idea of how they fit:

6 Likes

I agree! I have a different version of that one (I’m in the US) but these are so flexible as gear stands. I like that it allows me to match the height of all my gear, which may sound obsessive (because it is).

2 Likes