Deals -- Perennial List of Things on Sale - GAS Warning!

I see triad is on sale with PA today. I think some people bought it on the last sale?

Anyone recommend it?

I honestly haven’t had a chance to delve into it properly yet, but from the play I had with it a while back I think it’s amazing as a sound design tool, you can get very creative with it. There are a bunch of great presets included to show you the possibilities

1 Like

I just bought Triad on the sale with a coupon. So far the plugin seems very powerful and flexible.

I think you can try it out before buying.

1 Like

Just bought it after reading reviews. Looks great

2 Likes

Sounds great for sampling source. Free temporary

2 Likes

Just bought it myself, looks too unique an effect to pass on for $29.

1 Like

Used that voucher also

Bargain

1 Like

https://www.musicmatter.co.uk/modal-argon8m?gclid=Cj0KCQjwirz3BRD_ARIsAImf7LMkzZIlpVxbTPqigQUoXVaJzHnFdSg7hFFTc5T-Izpr4H2QHNa8ZnQaAujgEALw_wcB

Music Matter (UK) are selling Modal Argon 8 module for GBP393.80

1 Like

Damn, that’s tempting! Don’t need any more synths that I rarely use but…

1 Like

Yes, was very tempted myself, but only recently bought Hydrasynth module, so trying to keep the GAS in check…

One that finally is tempting me. I’m really only interested in software FX these days. I prefer my hardware instruments and have plenty of mixing plugins (Console 1 etc…).

Downloading the Triad demo now…

Sounds like fun so far. If I can get external MIDI to act as a trigger within the plugin then I’m sold…

edit:
Okay I figured out a way using a Max for Live Envelope, mapped to a Macro parameter. Then route the Macro to a trigger. With the right envelope settings I can trigger LFO’s or Envelopes within Triad. Cool :sunglasses:

In this case I grouped a drum sampler and made a parallel chain with the Max Envelope so it would receive the same MIDI notes as the Kick drum.

edit 2:

These (Max for Live) envelope settings will hold the trigger for the same duration as the MIDI note:

Screen Shot 2020-06-21 at 11.22.19 AM

edit 3:

It looks like the trigger works when the macro value changes from 0 to 1.
For the fastest response possible on the trigger you can set the minimum to 0% and the maximum to 1%

Just experimenting with it (it didn’t seem slow before).

Screen Shot 2020-06-21 at 11.30.40 AM

edit: 4

It also seems you can use it as a single band unit (like Byome) if you set it to left and right unity, then put your FX chains on “POST”.

3 Likes

For the guitarists in da house:

Purchase Guitar Pro 7.5 before July 5 and get 90-days of free and full online access to more than 900 TrueFire guitar courses.

https://blog.guitar-pro.com/2020/06/world-music-day-deal-save-20-on-guitar-pro-and-get-free-access-to-guitar-lessons/

2 Likes

Yeah! I have both already (Guitar Pro and a Truefire subscription), just chiming in to say Truefire is wicked! :slight_smile:

I’ve probably spent enough money on TrueFire courses to be halfway to a lifetime membership, lol.

Lately though I’ve been pretty disciplined about methodically working through a couple of fingerstyle jazz courses, instead of just taking a few lessons from a course, then jumping to another one.

1 Like

Totally agree. I don’t have a subscription anymore because I have a ton of courses I’ve bought over the years that I need to work through. I took lessons with Chris Buono and Frank Vignola through there years ago, and those were pretty good too. I was actually considering looking into lessons through there again. For a busy person, the method of videoing yourself doing the lessons and getting feedback actually works pretty well!

I don’t remember if you were the person that conversed with me about anime, but I’m applying what I’m learning from Sean McGowan’s Fingerstyle Jazz Handbook course to refining my arrangement of “Koko Kara Koko Kara” - an arrangement for one guitar instead of 2 as on the OST:

2 Likes

Waldorf Largo for $29.99: https://audioplugin.deals/deal-2/ref/12/

Don’t know the site and haven’t used the plugin, but I believe it’s meant to be pretty close to a software version of the Blofeld

6 Likes

Damn I would have snapped that up but it’s back to £483.00 now and out of stock. I wonder if it was an error.

1 Like

Probably an error at that price. I think they had 3 in stock when I posted, I didn’t think they’d be there for long.

I love this synth, was on the beta team and did a full bank of sounds too many years ago, pretty much a steal at that price :+1:

1 Like