Deals -- Perennial List of Things on Sale - GAS Warning!

Definitely, Bitwig was founded by ex-Ableton staff! :slight_smile:

I saw a few good deals on the DAW but am still reluctant to spend - already have Live Suite, Studio One, Harrison MixBus…I do love the fact that Bitwig has native MPE support, but don’t necessarily want to learn another daw.

1 Like

I use my Motu Ultralite for cv. If you have DC coupled audio interface, you can use a hosa trs 1/4 to 1/8 extension. Plug a patch cable in the end and you can controll your cv devices. You can also buy the special cables that Expert Sleepers created as well. 1/8Trs to 1/4 Tr. Only thing the expert sleeper device can do is bring cv signals into the DAW.

1 Like

I have an Apollo Twin and that is dc coupled but very limited outputs.

1 Like

Yeah. Is it one or two? Just hinna have to ise mults and attenuate the signal to get a dofferent cv line. You van use audio to trigger things, so you might be able to pull it off.

Yeah I feel that. Not wanting to learn another DAW is why it took me so long to try Bitwig out, but a whole lot of the flow and hotkeys are the same. Have to press Capslock to use the cpu keys as a keyboatd though, that confused me for a momment.

1 Like

It’s the Apollo v1. I use it on my second laptop it does have a pair line outs and monitor outs.

The Apollo has ADAT, so you could use an ES-3 and ES-6 for ins and outs. I picked up a used mk3 ES-3 for $100 on Reverb, and a mk2 ES-6 for $130.

It also means you don’t have to use it as the audio interface on your DAW, unlike the ES-9 or 8, so you can continue to use the Apollo, and also gain the ADAT ins and outs to your Eurorack rig.

2 Likes

I saw on reddit that completing their survey gets you another 25 dollar discount.
I was able to use both discounts… https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SQ7NLM9

5 Likes

Question about plugin alliance: Are plugins and licenses provided as files or do they force some kind of persistent DRM software on their users?

That’s right! I didn’t even think of that, thanks for the suggestion.

1 Like

Both, just got the lion, for 15 bucks after filling out the form mentioned here. They have an installer, and ask you to use it, but it is not necessary, I opted to dl the file itself and installed it manually

1 Like

Yea it’s optional to use their global installer.
At first I didn’t, but now I do as it does simplify things a bit, especially when you have two computers, or a plugin comes on sale that you weren’t aware of and you quickly want to install the trial version.

I’d say overall PA is a company that doesn’t feel too icky.
No need to pay an annual fee to license a second computer (Waves), no forcing of using their global installer (NI), no iLok mandated, and constant deals and sales to look forward to.
You can sell your licenses, and buy licenses from others. You do have to pay a fee to authorize a transferred plugin, but they even offer quantity discounts on those.
Plus the actual plugins are top notch and generally CPU-lite.

I know they’ve changed up their schemes a couple times, and that can be annoying, but when they changed from “rent to own” to “subscribe or buy”, they gave the licenses outright to those who were in the midst of a rent-to-own period. That’s pretty good customer relations, if you ask me.

2 Likes

That sounds pretty good. I just want to make sure I don’t have to install some 3rd party drm authorization service.

Nope. None of that annoyance.
Simple built in authorizer. You can authorize each PA plugin on up to three computers.

Option for using any USB key for computers not connected to internet, too.

It’s the model most plugin companies should follow, IMO.

1 Like

oh so I can use my yubikey to authorize? that’s an interesting idea.

Edit: seems I’m mistaken and what they offer is the ability to make any usb drive into a “key”. Which obviously still is 100x better than having to buy a dongle.

thanks for the info :+1:

If it is capable of functioning as a USB storage device, yes.

Otherwise, not 100% certain. You could ask PA.

1 Like

Thanks for the share! Did the survrey and got a $25 off voucher for Plugin Alliance! I had picked up Lion over BX_Oberhausen with the sale + $20 off summer coupon but picked up the latter with that coupon from the survey! :smiley:

3 Likes

For the guitarists amongst you. Nembrini Audio has an introductory sale on their new amp sim, Sound Master Custom Tube Guitar Amp, for $29 (instead of $137).

It emulates American (read Fender) cleans and crunch/distortion.

To my ears Nembrini Audio makes some of the best amp sims available (together with NeuralDSP, which are my personal No. 1 :)).

So def a bargain! Demo is available to.

2 Likes

RD8 for $17 w/ purchase of OP-1

6 Likes

that’s a strange and crazy bundle deal

10 Likes