Deals -- Perennial List of Things on Sale - GAS Warning!

Possible USA and Europe only (?) - Free Waves Element 2, IK Multimedia T-RackS ONE among other things by downloading the app magazine app “Readly”, then loading the magazine “Beat”. You may need to do a free trial though for me I could freely read the magazine and follow the directions to register the cover cd material without a trial.

If it wasn’t for my love of actual paper magazines (and lack of comfort reading a magazine on a device) I could almost see myself getting a legit subscription to the app.
Quite a bit of content for the money (has Future Music and other magazines I enjoy).

I don’t know if this is news or not but the MPC One is stupid cheap at the moment

https://vintageking.com/akai-professional-mpc-one?adlclid=ADL-bdc25e8b-15dd-4816-8d77-9f985eec158f

1 Like

isn’t $699 USD normal street price?

1 Like

I thought so too. Unless people were marking it up to 799 on reverb when there was a shortage. There’s still a shortage now but sometimes we all want to know we were the first ones ones who bought that MPC model

Ahh OK. Just a massive difference from the list price, seems to be odd marketing practice for a new piece of gear.

1 Like

Standard practice (cough BS) from AKAI. The MPC Live 2 lists at $1999 and sells for 40% less.

AK-eye-roll

5 Likes

Its okay everybody, you can put your wallets away, just a simple misunderstanding.

3 Likes

Sennheiser HD 25s are $50 off at Sweetwater.

2 Likes

mod edit, links added.

friendly reminder to add links to the deals you find

3 Likes

Thanks buddy for the assist.

Does anyone know if Wavesfactory (not Waves) does regular sales? I’ve never bought any of their stuff before.

Not the same technique, but same annoying as this

1 Like

This happens with google ads for these big retailers too - there is a sponsored link showing a number that’s 10-20% lower than you expect and when you click through it is bogus - I’ve seen this so many times

it’s a knowing deception imho, something that advertising regulators should be fining these companies about

it brings me back to the plugin deals listed above - it’s manipulation and disingenuous

I picked up something having advised folk to be wary and I regretted it immediately, primarily by being suckered in by the hard sell aspects - even at 10% of the supposed asking price I felt it was not worth it

will probably never use it again whereas something good that’s priced consistently and very fairly such as a ValhallaDSP plugin for a bit more would get used all the time - it’s a much better model all round - I won’t be falling for this heavy discount trap again … for sure there are genuine bargains to be had once a year or so

9 Likes

Black Box Analog Design HG-2 69,99$

ACME Audio Opticom XLA-3 39,99$

Phil’s Cascade 49,99$

Plugin Alliance sent out a 20$ voucher recently, which could be combined with these offers.

1 Like

so for once i clicked a facebook ad for something like 60% off the d16 group classic machines bundle. i decided i might save it for later in the month when my finances are a bit more in check but now for the life of me i can’t find that ad with the discount code.

anyone else spot this and could help me out?

Might’ve been bogus ad. Looks like they do a summer sale once a year for %35 off but that hasn’t happened yet as far as I can tell.

i think it was for pluginboutique so maybe they ran that ad i saw. i went so far as to put the thing in my cart and add this promo code and it seemed to work, just didnt pull the trigger

There hasn’t been anything about it in the D16 newsletters yet.
The 35% sale started mid July last year.

Found it! Was actually for the Silverline collection on pluginboutique.

Code is pei9zqby , 60% off.

Sorry I can’t figure out how to get the proper link.

EDIT

Found the original ad i had mentioned, which was indeed for the classic boxes collection.

Code is jfwnvelf , also 60% off

I’ve just discovered the Facebook Ad Library, which it claims to index both FB and Instagram ads. Also you apparently don’t need an account with either?

1 Like

Korg iOS apps are half price. Shame they aren’t AUv3 but Gadget is pretty fun, and the others do sound great

1 Like