Deals -- Perennial List of Things on Sale - GAS Warning!

How easy is it to just start with init voices and dial in something interesting (like on an analog/hybrid hardware synth like the new Erika, Vermona, 01/IV, etc.)? I didn’t love the preset kits I heard on a couple of videos, and I definitely don’t need another sample player. But the plugin looks promising.

1 Like

Studio one 3 day sale 30% off

https://shop.presonus.com/Studio-One

1 Like

Tried out the demo, think I’ll buy it come next payday. Plugins have really turned a corner imo

HARDWARE

All four of the Waldorf Eurorack modules are on sale, with a large discount. They are now listed at 199,00 € !!

No indication if this is just a sale, or they decided to close out all their Eurorack products now that they dropped the KB37. The website just says “Limited Deal”.

https://waldorfmusic.com/en/eurorack-series

They are for sale other places but i couldn’t find prices as low.

7 Likes

anyone tried this out?

3 Likes

15% off on Kimura Taro’s samples and patches until Sept 5th. Their wavetables are absolutely exquisite, but I’m also a particular fan of their A4 drum patches. Affordable to begin with, the discount makes these a no-brainer.

3 Likes

XLN Audio summer sale.

7 Likes

Anyone using XO? Is it worth it? Wonder if it pairs up quickly with a Digitakt via OB.

At that sale price it is. It’s an interesting way of writing drums and keeping sounds organized.

It’s a shame none of these sample organiser tools can read Ableton pack samples. I think XO gets closest in under it picks up the names and includes them at least just not play them apparently. It also appears to have been on sale for cheaper in the past though May have been a launch price thing.

interesting software though

No, but I’ve looked at it a few times. To me it seems like a) you have too many samples if you need this tool and b) it adds another 8,000+ on top of that and one needs that many imo.

5 Likes

Yes … I use it to create out of “a couple of to many” drum samples curated kits quickly, which match and make sense for a particular piece of music. It’s fun to click inside the cloud of samples, which the GUI is in the first place, and get inspired. After the collection is finished, I save out those kits as WAV files inside a named directory, which then can be used to transfer the samples to any other app or gear.

2 Likes

I got XO recently and absolutely love it. Extremely inspiring and fun tool. All sample folders you add to XO show up in a filter, so you can choose which sample folders you want to show up in your “space”. This way you can easily deactivate the stock samples and just work with your own. I like to just select a few folders and see where it takes me.
Additionally you can create your own patterns in the integrated sequencer and role the dice on which samples are used. If you like a sample you can lock it in and roll the dice for everything else. If a sample is close to what you like you can choose similar samples or tweak the parameters of each sample.
You also don’t have to use the integrated sequencer. You can just send in midi.
I also especially love the accentuator where you can manually (or randomly) set accent curves for all (or selected) tracks in your sequencer. It’s hard to describe this little miracle box and how great it actually is. highly recommended

2 Likes

Big end of summer sale over at Steinberg:

1 Like

Props to @djadonis206 for this tip. Patchwerks 10% off sale. Up to 54% off for you lucky folks who can go in-store there.

https://patchwerks.com/

2 Likes

I grabbed XLN’s XO tonight after a few days playing with the trial… I got the discounted deal as mentioned earlier.
I really like XO, I think it’s going to come in very handy for general workflow (in finding samples, especially)… and the sequencer is pretty cool too, especially in combo with the functionality of it’s exports… I think I’ll be taking a lot of loops, hits, and stems from it.

1 Like

Blokas are offering 14% of their excellent Midihub boxes as it’s been two years since it launched. Discount code is CHEERSTOMIDIHUB, just for this weekend

6 Likes

Buncha pedals (incl Zoia) with 10-15% off at Mattech Modular (UK based)

https://matttechmodular.co.uk/product-category/function/effects-pedal/

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Blokas Midihub

Interesting to note that with this 14% discount - the blokas is basically price reduced to almost exactly match the current retail price of the rk-006, (which I am using). I have not used the blokas, but I my shortlist was between these two when I finally pulled the trigger on the retrokits. I’m very happy with the retrokits. I have the impression that the blokas might be a really good fit for those who feel that have very specific midi needs. The rk-006 is also configurable, and does just what I need. But again, I think the blokas product is geared even further towards end-user custom config.

2 Likes