Deals -- Perennial List of Things on Sale - GAS Warning!

free right now

9 Likes

Cats should probably keep an eye on Minimal Audio based on some of the talent they’ve got :wink:

3 Likes

lots of toybox stuff on sale - anyone used their plugins? https://www.toyboxaudio.com/

3 Likes

Musician’s Friend is offering the Pigtronix Class A Boost pedal for like ~30% off, today only.

1 Like

Yeah - they’re great (Reaktor)!

1 Like

I notice bax are slashing quite a few things. I think this post Brexit thing has hit them quite hard in sales.

anyone have experience with the arturia fx collection? looks interesting at the discounted price and i love the pigments software.

No, but I own loads of them. Not really plug-ins, they’re Reaktor blocks. Good stuff

2 Likes

Yes, most of them are go-tos for me. I think they sound great and they’re intuitive to use

1 Like

good to know, thanks. any specific feedback on the space echo emulation?

I really like it. There’s at least one of each category that has become a go-to for me in Ableton.

The Grampian is a lovely spring but the key appeal of the physical unit is how nicely it overdrives - which the Arturia one also emulates really nicely. The plate is good, although I’ve not used it a lot as I’m a bit spring-happy.

The 201 is great, adding in some excellent modulation options that the originals obviously can’t offer - ditto the EHX BBD.

I use all three of the filters a load. The fact that they all can be sequenced is a great feature and allows them to add a whole range of movement to static sounds.

I can’t remember what the rest are off the top of my head (Juno chorus is one, pre-amps too) but I’d personally buy it for the ones I mentioned alone.

Edit: just to update. Anyone who has Reaktor and is in need of a Space Echo should take a look at the user library. There’s one in there that is fantastic, especially if mapped to external controls

2 Likes

Not other than I think it sounds awesome. Don’t have an original so can’t say how close it comes. But the word around the webz is it’s a good one. I did some research before I bought the pack, and the feedback was very positive for the most part. Always some detractors. I think they have a fully functional demo? So maybe just give it a spin

2 Likes

thanks for the feedback guys, i was hoping to hear it was awful and there’s no reason to buy it. :rofl:

1 Like

So say we all :smiley:

2 Likes

Grabbed this one with a crossgrade from my V collection for only 99€. That’s a steal!

2 Likes

I noticed that the same deals/discounts aren’t offered on the Dutch Bax website here. Just speculating but it might indeed have to do with Brexit - wether it’s to make up losses, because they’re needing to compete over there, or wether they’re having to leave / change course in that market, who knows.

Edit: fuck me, just checkt and the same 50% stock clearance that was already on the Brittish site now also shows here in NL. Nevermind:)

That’s too much of a deal to ignore!

I wonder - I purchased the upgrade and it’s showing up that I now have FX collection and FX collection as individual licenses. Does that mean I can sell FX Collection 1, do you think?

If they’re listed separately then most likely, yes.

1 Like

They are! Very interesting!

I have V Collection (only 7) and 14/15 of the FX from the bundle and still only get the 99eur offer :roll_eyes: