Dave Mech Digitakt and Digitone tutorials... wish I had watched them sooner

I’ve owned the Digitakt and Digitone for over a year and I’ve watched plenty of Youtube stuff etc… but Dave Mech’s tutorials that he sells are seriously some of the best cash I’ve spent on my Elektron gear. Easy to follow and full of helpful hints that I haven’t seen anywhere else.

I can think of a few pedals that I bought that were not near the value that I’m finding so far.

I’ve only paid for the first Digitakt lesson and the first Digitone one, but if you’re new to either boxes you might want to check out his online store.

15 Likes

@DaveMech you’ve got another fan

2 Likes

Can confirm that the DT courses actually get better in later parts, and I’m very happy with the purchase. I will start working through it carefully soon, and expect to purchase the DN course(s) if my DK survives its journey by sea in the near future.

6 Likes

:scream_cat:

1 Like

Heh. It’s not floating across by itself. It’s just being shipped slowly in a container rather than by air.

3 Likes

Thanks for the review and share , really appreciated :slight_smile:

5 Likes

any news on Digitone part 2? super pumped for it after part 1

1 Like

You are by far the classiest synth person on youtube. Not one second of cringe in your videos which means I need to look inwards to feel like I am actually on youtube when watching your videos.

3 Likes

Yeap! It’s close to being finished. Still some things to do but release will be this month. Possibly within two weeks :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Super nice of you to say :heart:

Being myself and not caring too much about the algo makes sure it’s still fun to do. Comes with some downsides but it is what it is :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I just signed up for the 3 DT courses. This seems to be the quickest way to get up to speed. I’m stoked!

2 Likes

Thanks for the support! Would be cool if you could share your experience with it. In any case, enjoy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

would love to see him do a series on the Virus TI2 and Rytm synths. Maybe the new Oberheim OB X8 as well.

2 Likes

Virus ti is really cool. And the oberheim is a dream synth. But I think the market for such a course is a eh slightly small :grin:.

2 Likes

Do any of the Dave Mech elektron courses go in to detail about the MIDI capabilities of the Digi boxes, and how to fully take advantage sequencing other MIDI gear?

I totally agree about the positive comments on the @DaveMech tutorials. My prio is/was to finish my little studio makeover, but I couldn’t resist starting with it (so far only the first part though).
Based on Dave’s recommendations , I bought all three parts, thinking the first one would be not too useful, since I work with Elektron for quite a while, but even in that first part I learned little things that make my workflow better/more fluent. Total recommendation, and yes Dave is a very helpful, nice guy.

1 Like

Just joining the chorus to say Dave’s courses are super helpful deep dives, with some nice practical tips that really just apply to building grooves, period. He’s got the theory, but most importantly, knows how to demonstrate the practical application of certain functions.

Learning some of the nuances of tweaking your drums and synths to augment the groove from him has really levelled up that aspect of my production, I think.

Good stuff. :+1: His content on YouTube is also ace.

2 Likes

Thanks for the positive feedback @Bionicvinnie and & @Citizen ! Really gives a lot of motivation to keep going down this route.

@drohnee currently not part of the courses. However it’s on the roadmap as a separate module that will go deep into midi as a whole. I’m not sure yet when I will start production on that module. First up is mastering digitone part 2, and then onto syntakt. Stay tuned :). If you want to stay informed, best to subscribe to my mailinglist at davemech.live

Cheers

5 Likes

You know you da man @DaveMech :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :+1:

It’s great to hear that you’re planning a deep dive into MIDI on these devices. Thanks @DaveMech!

1 Like