Dave Mech Digitakt and Digitone tutorials... wish I had watched them sooner

@DaveMech - just wondering if you plan on doing any deeper videos on your Overbridge process at all? :pray:

It’s one thing to have a bunch of jams in your boxes, but another to effortlessly transition those into a DAW for final arrangement and mixdown.

1 Like

I’ve purchased some other tutorial courses in recent years, they all have their own strengths & weaknesses. Some have deep knowledge but make me fall asleep. In comparison that’s I what like particularly about the courses from Dave Mech: they are so entertaining (in German: kurzweilig) - short videos/ modules but fully packed with hands-on informations. His courses are a bit pricey for me personally, but I’m sure I’ll buy some more in the future. @DaveMech Thanks for your content!

2 Likes

+1 for Dave’s courses. I got them all, they are great.

I was on the verge of selling my Digitone and as a last thing before doing so I decided to watch Daves course on it. It was excellent and totally changed my perspective on DN. Needles to say DN is now safe and happy on my desk :slightly_smiling_face:

Can’t wait for DN Part 2 :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hi Citizen,

Currently not on the roadmap for this year. Maybe for next year. Currently I tend to record a lot in stereo without overbridge, but as I’m going to start creating an album near the end of year (if all goes well) OB will definitely be a part of the process. And as I’ve done so far I will transform that process into a course probably :). The courses take a lot of time to create so I really have to choose carefully.

2 Likes

Thanks @sale87 & @M8 for the kind words and the support. Part 2 is close to being finished but have been KOed by flu for more than a week now :/. So bear with me

2 Likes

Any update on Mastering Digitone part 2? I want to start on part 1 but I’m hoping you bundle the courses when the second part is released.

2 Likes

I’m also interested in a Part 2 update.

1 Like

It’s very nearly finished. A few videos I need to correct some minor things. Then the workbook needs to be written and then I’m going to record the groove for a YouTube video and for the promotional stuff. I caught a lung infection recently so it got delayed a bit. And then the new Digitakt OS was set to release so, yeah :slight_smile:

But it’s very close. I’d say within two weeks it is released.

By the way, no need to wait for the bundle. When you buy part 1 you automatically get 33% discount on part 2 which in total will be the same as the bundle price.

Cheers.

(@peaceful tagging you so you get this update)

4 Likes

Just to notify that Mastering Digitone part 2 is finally released :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I am totally interested in Daves tutorials, but they are very expensive compared to others. I bought a Digitakt course for 39€, it is in german language and contains more than 10h of video.

Are Daves videos the best ?
I don´t know.

But they are US$209.45 (why do I have to pay in USD ?)

Is Dave the better/tastier musician ?
I´m absolutely sure.

That was a great contribution to the thread.

2 Likes

I hear sarcasm… :slight_smile:
all I say is :
for a hundred bucks I´d bought Daves tutorials a long time ago.
All his youtube videos are great.

It’s not really useful data for anyone else. If you’d bought it, gone through it, and said, “This should probably have been priced at $100,” that would have been a little more useful, but still a very personal assessment.

Dave’s Digitakt course was an unusual purchase for me. I think it was worth it, and once my Digitone Keys makes it to its new home, I intend to buy and work through the Digitone course.

1 Like

you pay in your own currency. You don’t pay in usd if you’re not located in US. It should display the price in the currency of your location. If this is not the case, any chance you are on a vpn ?

I watched YouTube. So it will be helpful. thank you. It seems that I had a strange relationship the other day, and I am reflecting on it. I would like to be gentlemanly involved in upholding the norms of the community and helping to share knowledge. Good luck in the future.

Maybe this is the best topic to share this :slight_smile:

I decided to create two versions of each of my courses. A stream-only version and a stream+download version. The latter is around the price the courses were before and the new stream-only version is about 15% cheaper.

Hope this will make it more accessible for some (@mofateam ?)

Currently this applies to the Digitakt, Digitone and Syntakt courses and I’m going to see how this is going until the end of this year and then decide if I scrap the stream only version or not.

So far it seems that both are being chosen. So far so good :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I prefer downloadable tutorials because I can watch them independend of internet and server availability.

2 Likes

Lookatya being the best customer service oriented m.f.er out here n shit :wink:

1 Like

+1 I also prefer downloadable tutorials.

2 Likes

Me too :pray:
that’s why I always have provided that service and will continue to do so :slight_smile:

2 Likes