Dataline vid - Supynes 19

I know it’s not mine, but I thought Cenk’s latest video would be relevant to post.
Let me know, and I’ll remove it if that is preferable.

25 Likes

Watching this now, it’s dope. He kills a live show!

1 Like

What is the little black box next to the heat?

Erica Synths Pico System III?

*edit; might actually be the Pico System II, the new Pico System III doesn’t have the little display on the left or it’s smt else lol^^

2 Likes
2 Likes

I want MOAR!

Brilliant. Hadn’t heard Cenk stuff in a while, love how he’s developed. And I already loved what he was doing before.

There’s a real live vibe - every knob twist and readjustment matters. You miss that too often these days with electronica on autopilot. This looks like a proper gig. Any longer footage available?

1 Like

Thanks!
I was hoping it was a secret Elektron box placed there to see if anyone would notice but regardless, that looks like a fun little box.

1 Like

What does Cenk do for elektron? Is he just a product tester?

He’s running the Berlin showroom these days. He used to be involved with product development / testing and is credited in the manuals for various machines. Also, he’s acted as a “brand ambassador”, showing off new machines, doing tutorial videos and such, but has been less publicly visible online (at least to me) more recently.

8 Likes

He’s one of my favorite artist. I wish he would come play some shows in the states!

3 Likes

I wondered where he was/what he was doing now.

Good to know he’s still firmly in the Elektron camp.

:+1:

1 Like

Turns out he’s pretty good :slight_smile:

1 Like

Regarding my involvement, all that still applies.
Lot of time and energy went into the Elektron Studios Berlin, which I moved over a year ago… Now it feels smoother! Hoping to be able to focus on my own music more…
Thanks for the share of the vid!

25 Likes

I should visit the Elektron Studios soonish, living in Berlin and all … time and having a family is a strange thing.

Can they do small repairs on the spot?

I have 2 sticky trig buttons on my OTmk2 ( “1” and “FUNC” ) the … most used once :totes:

You’re welcome :slight_smile:
Glad you don’t mind. Is there a longer version?

There is not an official service centre in Berlin. But I try to help people with replacement buttons, encoders for out of warranty units etc.
If your unit is a MK2, its likely that it is still under warranty. If so, I would strongly recommend you to contact Elektron user care. Super top guys running that!!!

Unfortunately thats the most I managed to get out of the gig recording. Its a shame cause there were some nice bits towards the end but the battery run out less than half way…

8 Likes

Thanks a lot. Yes, MK2. Just filed a support ticket.
Cheers

Edit - Update:
Already got a reply back from support!
My unit wil travel to Sweden to get the sticky buttons issue solved.
:golfing_man:

1 Like

Amazing performance. Love seeing proper D&B still being represented in 2019.

Yellow cardigan guy gets it.

5 Likes

I was hypnotized by him…

3 Likes

Lol, it´s indeed pretty obvious on a larger screen that it´s a Bastl Thyme^^

Btw, amazing sounds, totally dig it! Would love to hear the whole gig :upside_down_face:

1 Like