Cyclone TT-606

Yeah, I don’t have any dedicated drum machines (well, except for my dad’s HR-16 and a semi-broken DR-55) so it could actually be useful to focus, hmmm

1 Like

Welp, ordered one again.
My outlook had totally changed because the direction my music has taken is more solidly electro.
I rely on Rytm less and have started to miss the TT-606, even with an Acidlab Drumatix being heavily used almost daily.
It’s the whole variation of the 606 sound that I like, and the vibe of accent+analog voices vs sample playback.

That and 10% off made it $315 which is really just a steal considering the total package. MIDI spec and individual outputs, included cover/case, etc.

I’m still not crazy about the hats, but from the samples I have of my last TT-606, I’ve figured out some ways to get them crunchier with effects. And the MIDI spec is good enough that I can trigger real 606 hats in my TM-2 if necessary. Will lose some vibe but might gain something with a mix of the two hat sounds.

3 Likes

I’m amazed Cyclone hasn’t published the full (final v.1.0) PDF manual of the TT machines.
There are so many little bonus things the sequencer can do that are only represented in the paper manual.

• There is a global accent option, in addition to individual instrument accents.
  • There is a live step repeat/live roll function.
  • There is a way to momentarily mute a single instrument without going into the mute/mix mode.
  • Additional Nuance timings (9 per LFO shape, not just 5).
  • Pattern unroll (copy pages when expanding pattern length).
  • Auto-Fill, with interval change.
  • Flam time adjust.

This thing is more complex than I remember it.

6 Likes

And finally the PDF manual is online:

4 Likes

Just ordered mine - I’m pretty excited to play with the sequencer!

Anyone tried one of those step-up USB voltage converters with this thing? Since it doesn’t have its own batteries, it seems like it’d be nice to run it off a power bank.

I’m pretty sure they use 9v negative tip power, so like a typical guitar pedal type, maybe there is an adapter to reverse the polarity of a standard + tip powerbank, or a guitar pedal type power bank?

1 Like

So this happened randomly last night while I was jamming. Is this some type of demo mode or is this thing defective? I’m trying to find a way to reset the unit, but I don’t think it has the option. If anybody knows how to fix this, it would be greatly appreciated!

I’ve scoured the net and manual trying to find any answer to this problem with no luck as of yet. :disappointed_relieved:

it certainly looks like a “test” mode, doesn’t it?
Never seen that either.

Try unplugging it for a few minutes, and then with the power unplugged, turn the power switch to ON, and then plug the power back in.

1 Like

Thanks for the recommendation @AdamJay

Tried many combos of power on / off and plugged in / left out with buttons held down at same time. I haven’t had any luck with it yet. I emailed Perfect Circuit Audio about this issue, hopefully they can help me fix it. Otherwise it’s a warranty replacement. Ugh…

3 Likes

To give an update on my defective TT-606, the problem never technically was resolved. The device kept going back into this demo mode deal and I’d send it back to Perfect Circuit and they would fix it somehow. I had requested they video record the process of getting out if this mode, but they never could. It became such a hassle that I told Perfect Circuit to keep it and simply asked for half of my money back. They wouldn’t give a full refund as they kept saying, the device has to be broken or defective to do that. The fact they could get out of the buggy mode was their reasoning. Ultimately not too happy with Perfect Circuit Audio on the matter, but at least it wasn’t a total loss.

2 Likes

Just wandering what Cyclone Analogic had to say about it? Did you contact them?

1 Like

I did and Sebastian from Cylone said “We are not able to manage the units sold in USA sorry. If your unit is still under warranty, please contact Perfect circuit audio.” Nobody could seem to give me concrete info on escaping this nasty, demo loop-type menu. Perfect Circuit just kept saying, turn off all the LEDs and power cycle. Couldn’t turn off any LEDS in the state it was in.

That’s a real shame. Im sorry to hear about your struggle. I had two defective Elektron AR units in a row from the same shop, they were real good about it, offered me a full refund or exchange. It wasnt their fault the units were faulty, and elektron were like, 'yep, refund the man, as I sent both shop and Elektron the same video of the faults. In the I ended up getting a TR8-S ( all the TR machines in one box, with faders? Yes please)

Anyway, I hope you arrive at a solution soon! I would probably avoid perfect audio in future too reading your story.

1 Like

That is poor customer service, for sure.

It could be some button combo causing it to go into that mode, obviously no buttons are being pressed though, so it might be something shorting the buttons like some debris inside or a faulty logic IC or similar.

1 Like

Cyclone’s support & customer service sucks. They just stopped replying to me when I had an issue. Then I followed up just asking for the part number I needed (which they earlier told me they would do), and they ignored me. I’ve owned both the TT78 and TT606. Probably the most plasticky toy products I’ve ever owned, too.

1 Like

My experience with Cylone was poor to say the least, I can’t say I’d purchase another one of their products after this. The sound quality was good but the unit did feel cheap. I think Perfect Circuit Audio mainly dropped the ball on this one though. Avoiding both in the future. I purchased a TD-3 through Perfect Circuit because the money I got back was in store credit. Hopefully this is the last time i deal with them.

Argh, has anyone had a TT-606 where you hear a click and the volume drops out, or the volume randomly drops out until you turn off the power?

Now mine’s only staying on for progressively shorter times. Wondering if it’s the power supply or if i need to send it back.

I need to back it up if so… ;(

They don’t seem terribly robust I have to say. My TT-78 now only powers up into a state of a long row of red LEDs - then it switches off again. I should probably email them - but they’ve never replied before so I’m not optimistic.

1 Like

I’m hoping i’m “lucky” and it’s just my headphones needing a re-wire but we’ll see.

not a good look for Cyclone Analogic.

Maybe the reason I didn’t have issues with the two TT-606s I had was I only owned them for under a year, each.

2 Likes