Cycle Chord Pack

Cycle Chord Pack for Sampler

Single cycle chord Pack for Elektron Sampler

• 48kHz-16bit-Wav [Available for Analog Rytm, Digitakt, model:samples]
  • 44.1khz-16bit-Wav [Available for Octatrack]

9 Likes

They loaded up and played back. Anything specific you looking for?

Thanks a lot.
Were you able to play the sliced sample in a loop without a click sound?

2 Likes

Only clicks I got was a slice looping at the very beginning, and at the very end for the bell. In between I couldn’t get in clicks with several different slice amounts and looping forwards/reverse.

For the saw, there is a slight click at the beginning of every slice, but upon it looping I don’t hear it anymore. So might just be an initial transient sound.

UPDATE- Did some more experimenting, and I don’t get any clicking when I come out of chromatic mode. In chromatic is the only time I get a click.
Still get a click on the bell on the first slice, but not at the end, and that’s at multiple “grid” amounts.

1 Like

Many thanks for the detailed report. :pray: @jdaddyaz

According to the manual, Digitakt’s slice mode seems to detect zero crossings, so it seems designed for samples with transients rather than single cycle waveforms.

I will convert all the chord chain for Digitakt and upload it.

1 Like

same here, bell’s first and last slices (1 & 32) have very prominent clicks. others click a little but nowhere near 1 & 32.

1 Like

Happy to help, looking forward to the new stuff. You A4 packs are still amongst my favorite.
:metal:

1 Like

Thanks for the sound.
Maybe it depends on the sample, but it sounds like Digitak’s slice mode doesn’t slice at perfectly equal intervals.

1 Like

The download link for the sample chains for Digitakt on Google Drive has been removed. 88 sample chains for Digitakt are still available in the free version.
However, Digitakt’s slice mode does not seem to slice them into perfectly equal pieces.

1 Like

Cycle chords with reduced bits and samples

• Bit rate to 4bit
  • Sample reduced by one-third
    FM ANoise1.zip (62.9 KB)
1 Like

Single-cycle unison waveform

I created it experimentally.
It can be used with any of elektron’s samplers(DT,AR,MS,OT).
Created from sawtooth waveform of Analog Four.
A4 TrSaw.zip (454.9 KB)

4 Likes

This demo sounds sweet. Thanks for sharing. What device did u use to play the single cycles, or is it the original output from the A4?

Thank you.
It’s an Ableton sampler. No effects.

2 Likes

How would this differ from using unison on the A4? I assume you have more control in Ableton…?

Beautiful sounds, beautiful work. Thank you taro.

This sample was not created by sampling directly from Analog Four, but by re-synthesizing a single cycle waveform sampled from Analog Four. The difference is that the single cycle unison waves have an even pitch spread, so the fluctuation of the sound is periodic, whereas the A4 unison waves fluctuate without any periodicity.

1 Like

Thank you for providing additional technical details! It’s an ingenious technique and the sounds are lovely.

Single-cycle unison chord waveform

It can be used with any of elektron’s samplers(DT,AR,MS,OT).
Created from single cycle Major chord(Sine wave).

MjSine.zip (511.1 KB)

1 Like

Single Cycle Unison Major Chord[Saw Wave]

MjSaw.zip (503.5 KB)
Sounds from Ableton Sampler

3 Likes

Single-cycle unison waveform

sound source : AR Dual VCO Square/Saw[Converted to 4-bit 32 samples]
AR SKSQ.zip (814.8 KB)
AR Saw-4bit.zip (752.7 KB)

File Content

1. Five-note unison [phase head aligned]
  2. Five-note unison [Phase shifted]
  3. Five-note unison version 2 [Phase shifted]
  4. Three-note unison [phase head aligned]
  5. Three-note unison [Phase shifted]

Phase head unison sounds unnatural, but the attack is clear and matches the bass sound.

Dual VCO + Unison Wave[AR Dual VCO Square]
Sound from Analog Rytm

4 Likes