Current sounds coming from your gear (Part 1)

Thanks. I still don’t know if I really need the Cocoquantus but the Nord Drum sounds pretty good through it. It can produce some cool textures but sometimes annoying as well. I’m keeping it for now though.

The workflow was quite different btw: Double Knot is sending the patterns through the trig inputs of the ND2 (only 4 channels though, I need some cables :)) and OT some cc modulations via the midi. Coco and DK2 are modulating each other. Coco is taking the audio from ND2, processing it and sending to the OTO Bam.

2 Likes

Early days, drum mix isnt right. Lots more work to be done on this one.

2 Likes

nd2-dk2-coco-ot

6 Likes

DN .raw

[experimenting a lot theses days with generating basic analog-ish waveforms through FM]

4 Likes

How on earth did you make this :slight_smile:

1 Like

You may be interested in Virtual Analog Wave Kit for The Elektron Digitone

2 Likes

I might. :wink:
But still I like the whole process of understanding and evolving knowledge through experimentation even more.

(and I’m sure that soundpack is nice and useful for many!)

2 Likes

Haha, it was three weeks ago so I don’t remember all the specifics but that’s probably just two tracks of pre-prepared internal sampling (probably playing in reverse, a slow lfo at depth 1 to pitch) and then I had maybe six tracks reserved for suitable bass notes and another six for the leads so I could play live on top of the sampled part. Then I was just adjusting filter width and BRR especially to the leads, most likely some ctrl-al close to the end at least.

Funkay!

1 Like

Touch of Monkey Island there if I may be so bold. (only with better instruments) :wink:

1 Like

soma trio - dk2

8 Likes

Just had a flashback of Einstürzende Neubauten’s “Tanz Debil” – I don’t know why.
I love that!

4 Likes

Thank you, it’s a big compliment! Kollaps is such a special album…

1 Like

Oh yes. It is indeed. Times were very special and very different, too, back then. I’m glad you could reference it. Not many would these days, probably.

2 Likes

5 Likes

This sounds so good, do you remember the process?

1 Like

m:c solo. once again.

11 Likes

Sampled Behringer model D into Digitakt (7 x 30 second samples) loaded them into project and set LFO 1 to sample start with a random LFO and LFO 2 to sample slot with a random LFO (very shallow)… you’re kind of in the dark about what it’s doing re’ sample slot you so have to experiment. Then placed some triggers across 4 bars with changes in pitch & pan position… add reverb and delay. played back through OTO Bim Bam Boum. Thanks for asking.

1 Like

PE Tracker into the M:C. Fun bedroom jam

https://youtube.com/shorts/IHKIoWyeibM?feature=share

1 Like

If you post YouTube links on their own line, I think it will let people watch it directly on here :slight_smile: