Crunch/elk-herd

Thanks, I just got digitakt, i like samplers, but i was always lost in zhe menu, trying to organize sounds, well thanks to you , not any more!!! :mage: great work

I think that’s covered earlier in this thread…

Bump for 19

Anyone test this with a crhrome running on a chromebook based laptop? I’m about to get a USB C to B cable to try myself. Maybe can do some very lightweight sample management between google drive and the DT from the coffee :coffee: shop. Mmmm coffee… drag and drop works just not sure if network drag and drop. Most chromebooks have an as card slot though. :thinking:

2 Likes

Yup, it works. Just checked it with my son’s Chromebook:

I noticed with my other Digitakt with beta firmware that the port would sometimes come and go… not sure if that the firmware, the chromebook, or what. But with my “production” Digitakt, it was just fine.

3 Likes

Man! Thanks dude, already ordered the cable and would have taken a few days to even test. Woop :raised_hands:t2: woop! Hopefully this helps someone else out too.

Hi, Thanks a lot for your good work !!! I’m blind and thanks you I could send my samples. The Elektron Transfer App is no accessible by screen reader so you safe my life !

6 Likes

You are welcome! Let me know if I got any of the accessibility tagging wrong so I can fix it. I tried to include the tags everywhere… but I don’t really have a validation process for it.

5 Likes

This app is my last hope for using the Analog Rytm with Linux. The device is detected and I can read the file structure. But as soon as I try sending a file the transfer fails with something like “unexpected answer from device” (Can’t re-test this right now for the accurate error description). Is there any chance to help you debugging this issue? I’m a developer so I’d be fine with poking around in the code using the web developer console and such.

My test environment:
Analog Rytm MK1 with the newest firmware.
Plain Chromium Browser without Addons 72.0.3626.119
Arch Linux x86_64 with 4.19.24 kernel

3 Likes

Yes! Linux! I was reading the whole threat to see, and there are not so many linux users here (transfer is not linux compatible). I am especially happy because now I don’t have to use my old slow computer to transfer some samplers, now I can do it from my main computer with linux! This is definitely for us, thank you! (actually, I ask myself, why people using windows/mac, are so happy about this, can’t you do basically the same things with transfer app?)

4 Likes

Glad elk-herd is working for you!

Some Windows & Mac users are happy about elk-herd because it presents quite a different interface for sample management than Elektron’s Transfer application: elk-herd has a whole tree view of the +Drive, and supports organization via direct drag-n-drop. I think it makes managing the +Drive much easier.

For those of you keeping an eye on this thread: elk-herd 3.0 alpha will land next month… and hoo-boy is it a big update! It’s got projZln38(A(++27839–2983y98uy-kjnksne Bzzzzp, transmission garbled.....

14 Likes

Sorry if this is a silly Q, but will this work with AR MK1 on current MAC operating systems?

@_Out: Yes, it should work with OS version 1.45 or later.

5 Likes

hello!
So it works with linux… can yo use it offline???
thanks

Yup, you can! I just updated the off-line version to the latest code, too.

1. Download this archive: solo-elk.zip
  2. Unzip it somewhere: $ unzip solo-elk.zip - which will create a directory called elk-herd.
  3. In the directory elk-herd there is a file elk-herd.html - open that in Chrome.
4 Likes

So great !

1 Like

I’m having the same problem as klaustrophil with my Rytm and Linux: “Transfer failed: Unexpected message from instrument.”

AR: MKI with OS 1.50.
Laptop: Debian 10 amd64.
Chrome: 78.0.3904.97 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I tried looking at Chrome’s dev console but didn’t see anything useful. If you had an option for printing debug information we could upload that and help you debug.

Thanks for your efforts!

Can’t get Transfer to work with Rytm mk1, so thanks a lot for this, @mzero elk <3

1 Like

3.0 is now out: Elk-Herd 3.0

Admins - can you close this topic, please?

2 Likes