CRUM DRUM - My new synth!

I’ve designed a new synth!!
A 4 voice drum machine with elements of randomness and probability to create evolvning and unique beats! :musical_note: :notes:

It’s available at Thonk!
Hope you like it! :grinning:

Please ask me questions if you have any!

83 Likes

Hell. Yes!!

Thanks for doing midi out. Very cool.

1 Like

Thank you very much!!

Is this exclusively micro USB powered? Is there any ground loop noise in the audio channel?

1 Like

No 5-pin MIDI In socket or 1/8 TRS to MIDI In?

Great achievement, though. I like the Sounds I’m hearing.

3 Likes

Sick! nice typeface choices and front panel. Clean.

1 Like

No, I wanted the footprint to be as small as possible. so I had to sacrifice some features!
Happy that you like the sounds! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Sounds good, nice work!

1 Like

This is super cool! Well done!

1 Like

This feature would have sell more units maybe?

2 Likes

I love this thing. It’s definitely at the top of my list of things to buy. Is it a short run that might disappear forever or something that might be for sale for a while?

2 Likes

If there were ever a project that would convince me to learn soldering… this would be the one.

Congrats on the launch; this looks like a delight of an instrument.

2 Likes

Thank you very much, happy you like it!

I’m sure you could put this together if you just get a bit comfortable with a soldering iron. It’s not that many parts to put together and step by step instructions are available at the website!

2 Likes

Thank you!
The first run is pretty small and when they’re sold out there will probably be more. But it could take a little while before the next run is ready!

Very cool! Teensy mcu hé? Is this using onboard DAC or an external one?

Thanks!
It’s indeed a Teensy, using a external uda1334 DAC!

2 Likes

Sounds great!

Cool stuff, very inspiring and sounds good, well done :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you!

Just built it today. Been playing with it for a couple of hours and really enjoying it. I’m curious about one thing though, PROB seems to just increase or decrease the density of note triggers in a fixed pattern rather than giving all steps their own probability to trigger. Am I missing something or is that just the design?

2 Likes