Crossfade Transition

I have the crossfade transition working nicely but however when I switch to SCENE B, the recorded loop, the volume is much noticeably lower.

Has come across this issue using this technique? Tks

1 Like

the sampling volume is linked to the main volume. it’s very stupid and i’ve confirmed this with HQ. one work around is to sample from the CUE instead. that way, you can CUE your tracks to sample then not worry about the main level setting.

I tried this transition trick for the first time yesterday from the EU board (nocturn) It worked but I think it would be more useful with a thru than a flex, need to play about a bit more.

Wow that’s annoying. I’ve seen videos of people doing this trick and the volume does not decrease when the slider moves to SCENE B. Are they all sampling from the CUE or is there another way??

1 Like

Just seems to be a careful balancing of the track amp levels as well as the overall volumes and main level to get it all to be the same volume.

Cool. Ill keep trying with it so.

Here’s the issue - if you’re in a club and they ask you to turn it up, you’ll be SOL as now anything you sample will be louder than what you’re used to.

Again, I used CUE to bypass this and left the volume at a perfect match for my setup (~+12db). CUE also lets you sample anything that’s muted which is REALLY handy!

I actually never used the CUE. Is it pretty much the same set up as the MAIN. I’ll hit up the manual actually :slight_smile:

If you are using track 8 as master track you could set your transition track to sample track 8 instead of main, then you shouldn’t have problems as long as you don’t mess around with the level of track 8. And then you can use the CUE for something nice instead :slight_smile:

Are you sure that works? I don’t think you can play a recorder on 8 if it’s set to Master.

I don’t play a recorder on track 8, I use it as sampling source 3 on my transition track. Like this:

Must try this tonight

Hmmm can you a little more into the set up of sampling TRACK 8 Master channel?

Set source 3 as 8 instead of main. Good tip!

For every track? or just eight? And then you just do the same Trigs and record trigs on track 8 like in your video Tarekith?

Got it. Nice one guys

Excatly :slight_smile: I find it more handy being able to change the main level and then not being able to change the master track level…

Been playing this afternoon with Source 3 set to Cue as well, that’s also a pretty interesting way to work. Neat being able to choose what you want to resample, though things do start to get busy on the panel with all the flashing lights :slight_smile:

I tried it all and did as in the video, but when I crossfade to scene B everything is silent. Do you know why?

Can you detail in brief how you have things setup?