Cross fader scenes and midi cc

This is such a good option to have. Looks like they won’t do it :frowning:

With the Blokas Midihub it’s possible to utilize the CC48 the crossfader sends and turn it into several midi cc with min/max using remap and rescale modifiers - so basically midi scenes.

I don’t have a Midihub, but I asked someone to test for me and seems to work well.

7 Likes

Should work !

1 Like

The Blokas looks really useful. Can it remap any CC value? This would be really useful for using the midi from scene select A+B output on CCs 55 and 56. The scene select outputs values 0 to 16.

Apparently, like most of midi processors.

0 to 15. :wink:
What for? I used crossfader CC48 values to change scenes depending on crossfader position. :loopy: Crazy possibilities…

You can see scenes changes at the beginning, and at 1m.

Indeed! A simple 1 can make a lot of difference and even cause much confusion in certain applications / settings!

I use scene select to switch between the 8 variation slots on my Nord G2. The variations respond on CC 70 to values incrementing in 16s, so I use the G2 multiplier modules to multiple values O-15 output by the OT. Then within each of the 8 variations on the G2 I can morph whole sets of parameters with ranges defined for each (including inverse) with the OT crossfader. So the OT is a fantastic midi controller for my G2 engine!

I was keen to do with this Drambo iOS scenes - which are very similar to OT, again a midi processor is necessary to amplify values 0-15 to 128 with increments in 8 for switching between the 16 scenes in Drambo. I don’t want to have to fire up Nord Engine just for midi processing between OT and Drambo. iOS midi processors are fiddly and involve learning their code, which is long winded for coding illiterates like me.

2 Likes

Yes, afaik any CC can be remapped, rescaled etc.
Here’s a list of what it can do. Scroll down to ‘The list of pipes’:

https://blokas.io/midihub/docs/

2 Likes

Cool, looks like the CC remap could do it.

|In Low|The lowest value of input range.|
|In High|The highest value of input range.|
|Out Low|The lowest value of output range.|
|Out High|The highest value of output range.|

2 Likes

I’m new to the hardware sequencer world really.
started with a metropolis and had some fun… keystep… keystep pro… now sold all the (buged) arturia for octatrack to realise… there’s no long midi notes polyphony limited 4 notes and now no CC on crossfader.
Maybe the mindset is “forget what you wish and do what the machine can do” but really 20years of sequencer on computer doesn’t teach you compromise and limitation. It’s very frustrating.

If you set the note length to the longest setting (which is infinite) and stop the note with a trigless lock with velocity 0 (note off), you can have the notea as long as you wish. Very simple and quick thing.

Tracks can be used to output on the same midi channel to double (two tracks), triple (three tracks) etc. the polyphony.

All Elektrons are designed in a specific way, don’t try to make them into something else. Dive into what they are.

4 Likes

yeah… all this is frustrating.

oh wait… you can’t even activate ARP in the scen or ARP TRAN ?
… oh dear…

1 Like

Possible to plock these.
Pattern change, Plays Free track, trig conditions like FILL maybe…

Transpose can be set in Arranger.

1 Like

hey, have you find how did it happened ? i had the same bug as you today for the first times, the crossfader of the OT was modulating the ratio B of my digitone, that was sooooooo cool. But after a few hours and a restart of both machines, it wasn’t effective more … :frowning:

I’d be curious to know if there’s such thing as a midi CC scene crossfader (or X-Y pad) out there in the market.

EDIT : I have no Octatrack, I was talking about a standalone hardware midi controller.

1 Like

As mentioned above in this thread - Drambo, or use a midi processor - e.g. Midi Blokas - also discussed above - to remap values sent from the OT on CC 48, 55 + 56 to whatever.

1 Like

Also possible with Zoia, with min/max settings.

1 Like