Critter & Guitari - EYESY Video Synthesizer

This! Exactly the sort of thing we want to do with our band. The singer is the visuals person (does all our video, artwork, etc). So the plan is to have her play the EYESE video synth we’ve just backed on KS and show stuff on a TV on stage or something just for some extra entertainment that adapts in perfect sync with the music. I’m thinking a couple of elements from each song can be booted out of the cue outs of my OT to feed the madness :blush:

3 Likes

Preordered. My girlfriend did visuals with the ETC for my previous band projected on us and it looked pretty awesome.

I’ve gotten a lot more into programming as it relates to audio / video in the last few years, so I’m excited to dive deeper into this.

5 Likes

Yea I need to put a disclaimer there. Thanks!!!

The OT could send program changes to switch to different scenes. OT could be the perfect controller for this. I haven’t tried it yet with the ETC but I will soon.

1 Like

You guys look great on stage with those visuals, very inspiring!

2 Likes

i’m kind of with it.
I know you can do wild shet in the box but it’s hardware…that you can tweak & press.

anyone supporting?

4 Likes

Love this type of stuff!! Looking forward to it!

6 Likes

Anyone in the UK backed? I’d quite like this but am thinking that I don’t actually end up saving anything due to the shipping costs and duty / import tax I’d end up having to pay… Probably cheaper for me to wait until they’re available for sale in the UK?

1 Like

Yep, backer 85 here :wink:

1 Like

They are experimenting with adding OpenGL to EYESY using Lua and openFrameworks which is super exciting as I’ve been learning Lua to write Monome Norns applications. This takes it far beyond the capabilities of the ETC.

13 Likes

I received my Eyesy today! (in the 140s) … very impressed with the build quality and the interface. It’s very easy to get started and in particular to set the levels depending on what source you are using. The graphics themselves are pretty good; it really needs the OpenGL to get it to next level fancy stuff though (like in the above video). At the moment the graphics are a bit simple / kiddish. Overall I like it more than I thought (kind of an impulse buy) and once I look into MIDI control it’s probably going to be even better. Does anyone know whether there is a library of modes available yet? … I looked on patchstorage but nothing for Eyesy yet.

1 Like

Nice! I’m very interested to see what you think of it after a couple of weeks. I pulled out of buying one due to lack of funds but I might jump back in. If you have any videos of first experiments please share them with us :yellow_heart:

I’ll await your updates. I was tempted to buy it, as I like the idea of controlling images by midi and audio, but in the end I was unsure about the style of images it could produce.

I’m still awaiting mine - it shipped ages ago, but has taken so long to get through each step of shipping! Currently stuck in UK customs, awaiting an update :roll_eyes: Fingers crossed it isn’t too much longer!

2 Likes

Yeah, mine took ages to go through each step of the journey too … USPS is not that good.

Anyway, here’s a quick video of me playing it with my machinedrum, sending midi CCs to the EYESY and flicking through a few presets:

The sound is crap because my GOmixer is half dead :slight_smile: … my iPhone also had trouble with the changes in brightness; the screen looks much better in real life.

8 Likes

Not to my ears. It sounds exactly like a MD.

1 Like

Nice! :raised_hands:

Cool! Does it output to ipad or is that an android device?

1 Like

My Eyesy’s been in customs hell for two weeks and counting. All the mf’s can tell me is that it hasn’t been returned to sender, as if that’s supposed to make me happy, which I guess it does to a certain extent.

1 Like

It’s a mini HDMI screen. The eyesy has a HDMI output jack on it.

1 Like