Creative Monosynths

Finally, someone in this thread with common sense.

2 Likes

I am…?

1 Like

There’s also the Analogue Solutions Impulse Command

Strega ain’t bad with the delay making for some pretty interesting rhythmic possibilities… of course 0-ctrl goes a long way paired with it but some how feels like less divide between synthesis and sequencer than some of the more Plocky stuff in my mind. Syntrx is also really great for some rhythmic effects, really feels like synthesis over sequencing which can be a nice change of pace, its not cheap but very fun.

That’s also the first thing that came to mind for me. And you can get like 4 of them for the price of one Norand Mono :smiley:

It even has Aphex Twin build in somehow, so no AFX Mode needed :wink:

MnM

2 Likes

And I forgot to mention : two filters, one similar to the p5 and another one closer to that of the OB6 (although not the same), routable in series and parallel, with audiorate mod. The sequencer is also simple to use and powerful.

1 Like

I second the Monologue.

It is an affordable, super well layout, sounding great sytnh.

Another proposal would be the Typhon.

1 Like

also…and going through the different replies… did no one mention the Monotribe yet!?

Yes I like and support Korg’ s :slight_smile:

(*not the Volca series tho)

1 Like

Usually when anyone mentions the Motas-6 it’s for the vast tonal possibilities, but when I eventually got around to having a look at the sequencer there’s a lot of potential for glitchy weirdness in there I’ve never seen discussed, especially since you can motion sequence discrete parameters with a pretty high resolution as well as the usual continuous controls. Say you want to modulate things like the filter routing or the output clipping menu options arhythmically - you can do that.

The sequencer is a little idiosyncratic to use but very clever considering the interface.

1 Like

any one with advanced enough modulation matrix.

Has the 0-Coast fallen out of favour?

When I do dig it out, I usually find it a source of amazing/different sounds, and it lends itself really well to just playing around discovering. I’ve had great times with just it & a drum machine.

2 Likes

Reviving this thead… As I love mono synths

My introduction was the minikorg in the late 90s. I’m psyched they re-issued. Beautiful machine :moyai::moyai::moyai: When I have the space and bank, I will re-acquire.

Huge fan of the SH-101. So sad I sold an original years ago (doh!) but would like to reacquire the Sh-01a to have that sound at my fingertips.

Most modular setups are mono or duo phobic, so i can’t help but mention Intellijel’s new cascadia system which sounds like it can cook up some serious aggression.

4 Likes

MatrixBrute if you’ve got the funds and space.

MB2s or BS2 if you haven’t

2 Likes

Great autocorrect

6 Likes

Great Sequencer, 2 Filter ( LP + Statevariable Multimode) 4 LFOs…

One of the greatest features in my opinion is the OSC Split. You can rout OSC 1+2 trough Filter 1, OSC 3+4 through Filter 2

1 Like

DSI evolver for creative stuff is crazy good… 1vco, 1wavetable osc (prophet vs waves), lpf, hpf, delays, overdrive and distortion, lfos and sequencers…; all of this is multiplied by 2 (left and right channels)

3 Likes

i need something like this but affordable damn this is a monster

2 Likes

The desktop version second hand isn’t too hectic price, for what it is

Definitely one of the more interesting monos imo

2 Likes

Anyma Phi ?

(synth sounds at 12 minutes)

2 Likes