Consider to buy an Octatrack MK1: Hope of a cure, or other solutions?

Interesting. May I ask where you located and worked? I mean the nation.

Thats the worst advice ever lol, dont let your SO buy you gifts to keep then getting a hold over you.

2 Likes

Sure. I worked in North Birmingham Mental Heath trust in England. Mostly acute psychiatry. Ive worked in Prisons as well. Always young men.

Was that the advice you have them? Trust no one?

Who said this was about trust? Its about self esteem.

Painting with a wide brush here (then again do were you) but you obviously have a pretty bad view of either a. women or b. relationships if you immediately think someone should not accept a gift freely offered to keep their dignity.

1 Like

See above re experience in this field. Ive been in a loving relationship for 35 years. Have five grown up children who i love. No problems you are insinuating.

Let’s skip and go back to the OT…

What you hate the most on the OT? And just for info. I’m not interested in midi sequencing I don’t need the midi part at all… max to sync another gear

1 Like

Usually people with a long backround in counceling don’t give opinionated advice to strangers online and try to back said advice with their work history. Just saying, you know nothing about this person or his relationship and having worked as a nurse gives you no special insight into his life.

3 Likes

MPC is a no go for me nowadays. Used an MPC 2000 for many many years (my first hardware device) and didn’t looked back after going ITB. I don’t see me having this kind of machine again :sweat_smile: The Roland stuff they bring out nowadays are not my cup of tea.

Even a close look in the electribe sampler series doesn’t give me much and left me somehow frustrated.

For me it’s really just about sampling, in any way, resampling, resampling with external effects, sequencing and P-Locks.

Sounds like you need an Octatrack :wink:

1 Like

Good tip. That’s what I was looking for. I think it’s a big plus to be able to use external fx for resampling on the fly.

Since I have no clue about external multi fx gears any other

That pedal has pretty much the best quality / price ratio out of all my gear. It’s extremely versatile and doesn’t sound half bad. Best part is that you can chain up to 6 effects, leading to some very interesting modulation options.

Thanks again. Any tips for a reverb which is not breaking the bank? Although I know I go a different route I love reverbs and delays and will miss my Valhalla DSP stuff…

Anyhow if I get an OT I’ll used it first for a period completely stand alone.

Octatrack Dark Reverb!
Try internal fx, modulate them, before buying additional fx.

The Zoom MS70-CDR isn’t sexy at all!

Good reverbs for cheap : Digitech Polara or Supernatural (longer decay, Mix setting advantages). I have both, paid around 80€, 90€ respectively. Lexicon algorithms.

2 Likes

Perhaps not sexy but very useful. For such a low price you get dozens of pretty good effects. Personally I dont see the point in buying digital modulation pedals in the 100e range since the ms70 is just as good as any of them. Rather buy analog or save a bit and buy a high q. Box like OTO

Super helpful Infos. It’s always easier to chat than to read by oneself.

First, I skip the idea of getting the polyend tracker completely. Too much screen time on it , slow rendering of parts (so so resampling) as well as slow calculating effects into the sample. So the process to go further and further with a sample seems tedious.

Let’s look a bit more into the future :relaxed:
I definitely will first discover the OT on its own that is for sure.

Despite the fact that I probably will buy one or two effects in addition I already know also that I want a synthesizer friend for my OT then.

I would prefer a small desktop synthesizer but also open to one with keys (I could trigger the OT with that keyboard, right?). And I want something digital and not overly expensive! Ofc Digitone seems obvious but also expensive. What are different options what are you using?

Don’t know the prices in one or two years but I can imagine buying a Waldorf Blofeld. Quiz affordable and a great piece of software.

I would use it with my octatrack probably mostly not for sequencing (maybe a baseline here and there) but for triggering and sampling. For example: creating a pad on the Blofeld, trigger it via OT, record 32 bars of that pad and then going crazy with the sample in OT.

Don’t need to be new hardware I’m open for any suggestions.

Micromonsta 2 all the way.
I had Blofeld, and much prefer MM2 sound, size, ergonomics.

Korg ms2000, gotta love that cheeseball sound. I’m kind of bummed I sold mine.

As @sezare56 wrote : Micromonsta 2.
So small and so powerful. Currently out of stock, but a new batch may be soon available.