Confirmed - Ableton Push without computer

For the anti-computer guys, I confirm that you can use Ableton Push to control the Elektron boxes without using a computer at all.

The trick is to use an iConnectivity MIDI^4 or Audio ^4 instead of the computer, then for the MIDI processing part you can use an iOS or Android device or even an Arduino, keeping you on your comfort O.S. free zone :slight_smile:

I will start working on it as soon as I finish my actual Push - Elektron snapshot master and controller “Performer”.

If some one start working on this please let me know.

Best!

9 Likes

i don’t use push, but i have to believe this has enormous potential. will be curious to hear how this works out for you as you explore.

Fantastic. Please keep us updated.

For the RYTM users means that you can control all Modes at once, even Performance pads using Push after touch, and that is just the tip of the iceberg.

Also other controllers like Launchpad, etc. will work also.

I´ll keep you posted yes.

Dear Gustavo,

Do you think it will be possible also to control other Hardware?

All the best,

waldemaR

Of course,

Any hardware that support standard MIDI, and I bet hardware that uses USB MIDI also.

Checking now the blackboxes usbMIDI…

Does the original iConnectivity MIDI+ device also work? What do you mean “for the MIDI processing part” - does some custom code need to be written for it to work? Or can the midi simply be piped through to the Elektrons?

Yeah!!! and using a hub usb, so in theory you can plug by USB all your analog blackboxes to the iConntectivity and use it as a MIDI host.

Exciting possibilities!

Does the original iConnectivity MIDI+ device also work? What do you mean “for the MIDI processing part” - does some custom code need to be written for it to work? Or can the midi simply be piped through to the Elektrons?[/quote]
The original doesn’t work. The ^4 versions have a unique “host” connector (USB A Female).

Depending what you want to do you need to code or at least transform MIDI using Lemur or something like that, to get the so wanted MIDI crossfader on the OT for example.

poonti

Btw, you can transform MIDI only using the iConnectivity ^4, I don´t know how deep or flexible are those functions.

Does the original iConnectivity MIDI+ device also work? What do you mean “for the MIDI processing part” - does some custom code need to be written for it to work? Or can the midi simply be piped through to the Elektrons?[/quote]
The original doesn’t work. The ^4 versions have a unique “host” connector (USB A Female).

Depending what you want to do you need to code or at least transform MIDI using Lemur or something like that, to get the so wanted MIDI crossfader on the OT for example.[/quote]
The original also has a female USB A host port! I already use it with my OP-1 and other gear, so it could probably work!

poonti

O yes sorry, I though you was talking about the iConnectivity ^2
I think it should work yes.

would you also be able to use the “scales” mode of Push without a computer? That’s the main reason I use it because I can’t play keys very well.

No, unless you do program it :slight_smile:
For example in Lemur.

subscribed

I just bought the IconnectAudio4+, I don’t have push yet, but now I am so interested !

Subscribed

Any chances to make this works?

It works, it Is already possible using an iOS device with Lemur, or programming an Arduino to handle MIDI data. :slight_smile:

I’m searching but I don’t now if there’s a possibility to “save” any configuration on the push2 or trade it like you said from an iPhone or iPad and made custom configurations to control synths.

Push will always send and receive it’s default values, is up to you to create a middleware that converts those values, save value sets, etc. For example in Lemur for iOS.