Computer Video Game Recommendations

Ya…I was at Interplay at the time :slight_smile:
…so LONG ago :grimacing:

2 Likes

Mass Effect 1+2+3
Mass Effect Andromeda (but be aware of some of the talks inside the game, the developers and scripting-people must have been on quite hard on acid :crazy_face: )

2 Likes

Caught myself sucked up in the vortex of next gen.

After a few YT videos of comparisons and opinions. I simply preordered Hyrule Warriors and got on with my life.

Still pretty interested in next gen as I stopped gaming for a good 15 years. Got back into it this summer when I got diagnosed with Leukaemia and got a Switch with BOTW for my mates.

Eternally thankful for that! And totally embraced becoming a gamer!!

(Synths for life though)

3 Likes

Hoping for a hard core remission. :pray:

2 Likes

Hyper Light Drifter on switch

Ace music as well, well chilled

5 Likes

Cubase
Banished
Factorio
Hotline Miami
Molek Synthez
Risk of Rain
Spacechem

3 Likes

A game that helped get me into synths and has a working synth, Fract OSC.

4 Likes

I really enjoyed Warframe. Cool setting (far-flung future), space ninja robots, plot is relatively good, fun gameplay, active development.

Plus it’s free. Never have to spend a dime on the game if you don’t want to, nothing’s gated.

1 Like

Dang, gang! That game looks pretty amazing. Thank you!

1 Like

And it is pretty old too so you can probably get it cheap.

1 Like

“It’s like having Boards Of Canada noodling away behind you as you work on the world’s hardest jigsaw puzzle and both of you having two very different eureka moments at the same time.”

“If [HP Lovecraft] had been a coder rather than a writer and had been into Autechre and Aphex Twin rather than gross racism, I can’t help thinking this is the sort of game he would have come up with.”

Wow, that’s an instabuy then :slight_smile:

1 Like

It even has a super basic sequencer to make your own mini songs.

1 Like

That is cool history!

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic (2006)
Dark Souls (2011)
Gothic 3 (2006)

3 Likes

Excellent game. I remember it as powerfully janky and bug ridden, but so fun and featuring one of the best “weapons” of all time:

7 Likes

Let’s go way back to Might and Magic : Clouds of Xeen. Now there’s one I dropped tons of hours into. Love that game still!

1 Like

if one can wait some time and spend some money on a decent GPU then Cyberpunk 2077 will be the game to go

I’m quite impressed by it’s appearance

4 Likes

Can’t wait to play all these ps5 games in 5 years time when I can afford it :joy:

7 Likes

You got the right idea! I love buying games for the PS4 currently, getting games that were once $60 for $10 - $20.

Speaking of Cyberpunk 2077, they just released the Night City Wire Episode 3 yesterday. That game is shaping up to be something special. Can’t wait to play it.

4 Likes

Yes it is special, but I’m asking myself what kind of GPU i should get then? I have an AMD RX560 ITX … this should do it for the most games i play … the next step would be an 5700 … i don’t do Nvidia, i have a pure AMD-system

2 Likes