Complicated electronic music

Louis Coles drumming is just stellar

5 Likes
Clowns

Oh of course! Now that you say it it’s so obvious! And Grendel on sax.
The video style is obviously Cole’s.
Hadn’t recognized them!

1 Like
More clowns

https://youtu.be/sR_rPd_ufK4

@pselodux’ stuff is very interesting as well.

5 Likes

thank you :slight_smile: I didn’t personally think of it as complex but considering how long it took me to make newDwns alone I guess it’s a different kind of complexity :metal:

3 Likes

Oh, and @Omar made me discover Zoë MacPherson’s world…

Bought myself all the albums I could find.
Especially like this one, that supports many listenings IMO:

4 Likes
5 Likes

xanopticon rules. I’ve been listening to liminal space a lot this year. Good to see I’m not the only one who remembers it.

EDIT: Oh yeah here’s some stuff.

5 Likes

Great album.

1 Like

Check out Gabor Lazar’s stuff. It’s so ‘off-kilter’ but so addictive to listen to.

Well I like it anyway!

5 Likes

Oh yeah, that “Steady” track in particular is so dope!

I like this, not sure if it’s complicated but it surely shifts and morph :

This is exhausting :

This is conceptual when you search how it was made, connects well with the previous :

This is just…well…Grischa :

There are so many interesting artists…:slight_smile:

To complete the post and since we are on elektronauts, this is an (old) interesting read about difficult/complicated music :

5 Likes

here’s a good one

1 Like

oh well, screw it - time for shameless self promo!

i don’t really enjoy talking about my own music but if anyone’s up for a challening but (hopefully) coherent listening experience and is not turned off by the kind of stuff in this thread feel free to give it a try :slight_smile:

8 Likes

…and it’s pretty fantastic. Thanks.

This thread is slowy becoming a cornucopia of awesomeness.
So little time, so much to listen and to reinject.

2 Likes

Salmataxia is an album from Syndrone (side project of Machinedrum and, to my ears, much more interesting) that is worth good Autechre stuff and quite poorly known.
Worth checking !
EDIT: listening to it right now, it’s a MASTERPIECE

4 Likes
2 Likes

I saw Rian, son of Mark Fell, above, but none of Mark Fell himself. Surely deserves a mention here ( although maybe not because already well known)?

Maybe Rashad Becker too. I don’t always like his stuff much but I think it meets the ‘complicated’ criteria.

3 Likes

Have I been summoned ? :wink:

I’ll just leave a few here:

5 Likes

This one seems simple but when trying to figure out the drums it did in my head in.

1 Like