Comments on the Digitakt's manual

My never ending gratitude :stuck_out_tongue: Thanks for bringing it up. Ill put in my list.

10 Likes

[quote=manual] point 6.5 / Naming screen:
Copy, paste, and clear commands are available on the NAMING screen.
[/quote]

this information is not sufficient to me.
i do lose the copyed name when i copy something else right ?

further explanantions how to “hold a copyed Name” for further saving of more samples would be VERY welcome !
respectivly what has to be avoided to not lose a copyed name.

its a trivial aspect in the whole, but one of those trivialitys that make me Love and work with a machine or turn to the other .
the manual could be here a even better friend :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for your comments concerning the copy, paste, and clear functions. I’ll have a look at it and see if it can be improved for the next version of the manual.

3 Likes

not a faulty manual as such, but IMHO recommended to have some additional tip respectivly warning.
It can save the user ( as me) headache and it can save you on negative comments in the forums for example.

External Recording:
the usererror i did, respectivly the stumbling block i stumbled upon:

i had only one input connected (L), ( R not connected at all)
but the recording setting was set to L+R due to changing a project ( add that aspect also as a tip ( that input settings might change when switching projects )

The Recordings i got had the Bass sucked out kinda.
Guess due to the fact that on this setting L+R is mixed internally in the DT.

(its a not so obvious fault/usererror as most people might not be used to have a Mono Recording unit that mixes inputs automaticly together. :wink:
plus the aspect that the settings can change by switching to another project )

With hopefully more OS Versions coming out soon (…), it would be helpful to have in the manual an indication to which version the manual refers to.

4 Likes

It was an error (filter env depth is CC 77) but that error is corrected in the latest version of the manual, available on the website.

1 Like

could you please add a Note on the Frontpage of the Manual which version it is ?
would make a ckeck on ones own easier :wink:

edit: wow, there is even no Note on the support page which version of the Manual one would downlaod.
just the date. …not good enough. my opinion

3 Likes

Elektron produced a new version of the Digitakt’s English manual to go with OS 1.04, and this manual now thankfully includes (on page 9) both the applicable OS version number and date of revision.
:thup:

6 Likes

There’s still a typo on p66:

2 Likes

lenghthg is one of those words I always do a typo on :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Me too apparently…

7 Likes

Setting up a controller tonight, noticed filter freq and filter env have the same midi cc value (74)

6 Likes

Doh… I used the link further up this thread, looks like it linked to an old version

2 Likes

It would be nice to know what pages have been changed so I don’t have print out the entire manual every time it get updated.

you’re always on top of clarifying people’s impressions/confusion, much appreciated!

4 Likes

The os version is mentioned on page 9 now next to the date when the manual was made. I remember that the pdf file had the version number in it when i made it. Not sure of it made it like that to the site. Cant check now. On vacation :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The main changes are made to reflect the changes in the os. But i also do a fair amount of small fixes here and there. I recommed to use the document comparision function in Adobe reader to spot the changes.

2 Likes

Nice to see somebody from Elektron reacting to all the improvement suggestions :slight_smile:

Any chance to tell what software you use for creating the manual?

The older manuals are made in Framemaker, but now we are slowly migrating to InDesign for the more recent ones.

1 Like