Coming soon

Wonder how long it is before we see the next unit in the Model: series? NAMM 2020?

I find it very suprising that DT has sold that much more than OT. I guess price (and OTā€™s reputation for being extremely complex) does matter. And, well, I did buy a Digitakt instead of an Octatrack, so maybe I shouldnā€™t be suprisedā€¦

I donā€™t really see anything bad in trying to make something with a broader appeal. I think the unenthusiastic reactions boil down to the design and it being quite similar to Digitakt. A more stylish entry level synth from Elektron with some interesting synth engine would have probably made a better impact. Or a 6 track digital drum machine.

I guess you can kinda see the business logic a bit too well in it, and it takes away the magic for some people?

Maybe if I didnā€™t have a Digitakt Iā€™d be interested in it, maybe not, hard to say.

Whats the deal on the Model and OB again? Sorry for prob redundancyā€¦

Sounds like no deal, at least for now. It works as an audio interface, though, although itā€™s unclear whether it gives you the stereo outs or the individual tracks. My guess is the former.

1 Like

Thats one thing i can not figureā€¦standalone its fast and accessible, with OB its opens up interest to the Ā«pro userĀ» and everybody would prob get it since OB increases value of machine zillion-foldā€¦i have the DT and OT and i still want it because i understand what that tweakability would mean with OBā€¦

Thereā€™s quite a few things I donā€™t understand and Iā€™m sure Elektron have their reasons for things being the way they are. Next to no Overbridge itā€™s the fact they donā€™t show the battery pack(s) yet or give us the price point.

The anticlimax here and elsewhere was inevitable, it always is when traditionally boutique manufacturers go in a mass market direction. It was the same when DT was released and now yā€™all raving about it, give it a year and people will be the same on this.

What many of the naysayers donā€™t get is that this thing is about workflow not features (plenty of boxes for that already). Once people start to understand it, attitudes will change.

3 Likes

Remember when Simon said, ā€œthe wobble doesnā€™t come from the new product,ā€ and someone else said, "everyone will want it and the OT users will be happy.

My prediction is:

There will be another ā€œBOXā€ with several inputs and FX for each channel. A kind of mixer.

2 Likes

I thought the ā€œeveryone will want it and the OT users will be happyā€ was debunked By Simon himselfā€¦?

1 Like

I feel like this is only half the story, and we might still see a Model:Keys tomorrow. Remember Simon posting the 2 icon, and Elektron being on the NAMM list for a sampler and a keyboard synth?

im still waiting for another thing being announced, be it hardware or OB, something that is targeted more to current Elektron users.

3 Likes

Thanks for sloppy PS, but even in black it doesnā€™t make it. I wish Elektron with earn a lot of money with that and make new flagship products with old form factor butā€¦

I painted it black! 2x1 form factor. :wink:

1 Like

Likeā€¦https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gc0pC_2rp1c

Then straight inā€¦imagine having that when your 15!

4 Likes

Given that Simonā€™s appears to be an Ableton user and that track can be found on Elektronā€˜s SoundCloud page as well as him saying the wobble was added purely for distraction I wouldnā€˜t get my hopes up.

Yeah it was added in Ableton. Sorry for any confusion, I just wanted to add to the mystery of the rabbit hole links.

8 Likes

Does anybody think that the OS could be updated so that one of the tracks can be a slice track? 6 slices using the 6 pads?

I dont know anything about these matters at all obviously

This is the last time i day it i swear but if this had sampling functionality and even one slice track it would be an incredible machine

1 Like

As a Digitakt and one pair of hands owner this is not for me, sure would like individual track mutipliers though.
This is not really aimed at owners of exsisting sample based Elektron gear imo, might be usefull to A4, Digitone owners or wealthy folk who want travel gear to play outside their normal setup, but I expect the bulk of sales will go to those with no Elektron gear.

Does anyone know the sample size limit on the sampler

https://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-ELK-MODELSAMPLES

It is $399 here