Coming soon

So what were those “insiders” talking about yesterday when saying octatrack owners would be very happy about this?

Is sample transfer app or c6 the only means of sample transfer really? I’d have thought there would be more of an appeal to gain not only new ‘nauts but also a way to win over the existing base by giving it some way to be intertwined with at least the digi boxes. Like maybe a way to transfer a sample I just cut up in OT or DT on the fly. Or something instant through a daw?

The pots don’t even detent for accelerated increments? You have to hold function to do that.

I too hope this was a distraction with Elektron roasting all of us with something huge at NAMM. But an update for some of these features in other machines would be highly welcomed if nothing else.

So… you were never a “noob” right? Born with talent and a Spectralis and Machinedrum in each hand whipping out top hits and club anthems with a flourish of your fingertips. Pockets full of cash for the next deep instrument that made you feel elite.

Maybe you were :wink: I don’t know you.

However, why should it matter if a company decides to makes something with a different target audience in mind? Does your Monomachine or Octatrack quit working because this new, simpler box exists?

I mean this post in a humorous way. It’s just that when I see something like “noob” thrown at an instrument… it’s a little strange to me. There is a full range of instruments from Elektron and other companies that can provide a more in depth or advanced approach. So, skip this one, and continue on with your OT. If you enjoy the depth of the OT keep using it.

A new cool crazy-deep box would be quite welcome too. Hopefully they’ve got one in the works. In the meantime though I hardly think anyone has squeezed every last ounce out of even the current generation.

We should be seeing some masterful output if that was the case. If people are really tapping the depths of the current line, and can’t realize their potential with them, where are these people, because I want to listen to their albums.

12 Likes

The person that said „Octatrack users will be very happy“ wrote that he was referring to the Samples, yesterday,and that he doesn‘t think there‘ll be any updates to the OT for prob years.

I had a crazy dream last night after seeing the leak. I dreamt that the Digitakt got the MachineDrum engines and Digitone got the DigiPro engines in an OS update. One can dream :cowboy_hat_face:

10 Likes

Nice dream!

1 Like

Crazy Elektron Machine Dealership! We’re just GIVING them away!

Seriously though, I want to live in that dream world(it would be nice, if the DT gets ALL of the MD machines, then DN gets ALL of the MnM machines. Could you speak to your dream manager about this, please?

4 Likes

This new box is getting dogged on left and right for many reasons, but for me it’s simply price point and the look. I can get over the look, though I can’t justify paying the asking price. Hopefully some unsatisfied users will sell for cheap :wink: Aside from that, this box looks to have some potential within capable hands. The demo soundcloud tracks are pretty nice imo.

1 Like

Has anyone seen the sample start being Plock?

That would be heaven!

1 Like

I’ll see what I can do. No promises, but I’m optimistic

2 Likes

I think it’s a stretch to think there will be any further updates to the Octatrack unless there was some way they copied the entire os into a compatible more compact code to add more features. But I don’t see this being of interest or reason to put anything more into the octatrack sadly.

“ANNOUNCEMENT: It’s come to our attention that no one uses the Phaser effect, so the update coming next Friday removes the Phaser effect and replaces it with a granular engine. If the Phaser update is important to your process, PLEASE DO NOT UPDATE TO THE UPCOMING OS IF YOU USE THE PHASER EFFECT.

Further, we hope that that this satisfied people’s request for a granular Elektron device. Please stop messaging us with requests to make a granular device

Yours truly,

Elektron

XOXO”

7 Likes

Are y’all seriously still talking about this ? Nothing to see here - carry on.

I’m disappointed but I’m still interested in the MS. I keep telling myself that Elektron has a reason for making this a simpler device other than just to draw a larger customer backing. It has to be the speed to create rhythms with whatever you want to stick in it. I see a lot of potential to do some pretty sick, twisted, evil creation with it ALONG with others like digitakt it octatrack. Or as an idea sketch pad to bring back the studio or something.

I’m interested but still hopeful this isn’t all there is for the rest of their long time loyal minions.

Yeah we know overbridge 2 will be the big feature and I’m glad it’s finally coming to fruition but the only other physical item is a bit degassing for everyone.

So their booth flier said software, something else, and keyboards. Does this cover the keyboards?

2 Likes

Phaser Schmaser

1 Like

Hahaha! This place is going to turn into a Bigfoot and ufo sighting collective if you keep that up!

1 Like

I guess the Samples would be something else?

I don’t know why they’re including the decksaver and carrying case with the machine(based on the site it leaked on). These accessories seem like an after thought when buying a new piece of gear- especially when buying something in this price range.

Are they trying to implement a notion of worth with these included accessories? Are they trying to group in a profit on these items within purchasing this item? Does it need to be a certain price to reach a certain economic impression? Or are the items so specific to this unit that it makes the most sense, distribution wise, to just include it?

I’m as loyal an Elektron fanboy as can be and I can’t think of any other raison d’être for M:S than to further grow the company - which, don’t get me wrong, is totally legitimate. Elektron once stated that DT in it’s first year sold more units than the OT ever did in total. So they had to grow their support team. I’m sure they had to hire some folks to get OB 2.0 to where it is now and people who can code stuff like that don’t work for a burger and a coke. Also there may be external investors who want to see a certain ROI (and thus a certain profit margin). So growing the company is a must. There’s simply more mouths to feed, which to me is the main driver for aiming for a lower price point with probably very little R & D cost involved in the development of M:S.

6 Likes

:sunglasses:50309870_10156297442523370_1388829979273330688_n

36 Likes