Coming soon

It does look more instantly jammable than the DT … as cenk demo-ed.

One place it may excel over the DT is as a small live beat sample punching performance device with all functions at your fingertips and just light sequencing to drive it along - it is more of an ‘instrument’ in that regard.

3 Likes

The voice of the consumer… Power to the people…:blush:

2 Likes

Think of the song mode issue as electrons way of ensuring you buy from other companies, aren’t they generous :crazy_face:

1 Like

mmmmm plastic is paintable…peel all the knobs off and…

Elektron_Model_Samples_Front_white_bg-1024x535

Elektron_Model_Samples_Front_white2_bg-1024x535

sorry for sloppy PS

7 Likes

AIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEeeeeee :frowning:

1 Like

A quick look around other forums and groups on The Interwebs reveals that the M:S is not being well received. I think Elektron handicapped it too much for it’s own good.
Imagine how much better it would be if it handled stereo files and had 128mb. No need to change the knob-per-function UI. Those features alone would make it desirable enough to find a home in many of our setups.

Perhaps it will! Perhaps it will! This thing getting released, significant update for DT(outside of OB oof course(how quickly appreciation dissipates…)) a new update for DT would certainly return Elektron to their universal sunshine and rainbows status.

However, it doesn’t seem likely, as I think full troubleshooting between OB and devices need to be implemented first before adding confusing bugs in their beta status.

But soon- definitely l!

1 Like

people love to shit on everything before they’ve even seen it, that’s just how the internet is, and the the gumpy fossils at GS are the worst for it, especially when the product in question is vaguely simple or toy-like or whimsical or fun.

personally mono/stereo and memory size are two of the things I’m not at all worried about on this thing. track count and midi capability are my main concern, as well as how chunky the battery addon ends up being.

3 Likes

I remember the Digitakt being much better received… people could see the potential immediately.

Yeah, I’m seeing the reactions of people as well. The features to price definitely seems to be resulting in ire.

Perhaps they should have went full out with the discount element.

Perhaps 16 steps with trig conditions? If that could have saved money? I can’t think of any other cuts they could have made.

I assume that they’ve done a significant amount of research where this machine will make non-Elektronauts happy.

Maybe people that want Elektron that can’t afford it(I’m sure those people exist in no insignificant numbers)?

1 Like

Is everyone joking when they say this is a fake? There’s absolutely no reason why a company would go through the process of putting out a detailed description of a product, allow you to preorder it from several retailers, create videos showing the product in use… Maybe I just can’t read sarcasm, but calling this a fake is about as disheartening to me as people claiming the earth is flat.

I definitely won’t be buying this product, but I completely understand why it’s being made. Elektron are a company first and foremost, and they’re obviously growing. It’s a really good strategy for them to tap into the boutique market.

2 Likes

That was 14 hours ago, it had only leaked on one retailer’s site at that point.

1 Like

Right. I’m cycling through the hundreds of posts that have accrued since yesterday. I guess no one believes it’s a fake now. Thank god.

1 Like

Almost too bad it isn’t fake.
I’m sorry but this seems a smart and calculated business move only. They are using the work from DT and trying to sell a budget box to the masses. That’s cool! I get it.

I might’ve bought it but, It’s not exactly portable, doesn’t have expanded memory or removable mem, it doesn’t bring enough new to the DT (just enough new feature to be hurtful to DT buyers really) and it CANNOT sample, this makes the portability a mute point anyway.

4 Likes

Haha my guesses were way off! Good fun trying to decipher the vid though!

nope

It only has 1 incomplete envelope and 1 lfo you can use as an envelope while digitakt had 2 full envelopes and an lfo. I mean I feel like one of the few people who think this box looks fun and i want one once it has a batteru but it doesn’t seem to have half of the parameters and modulation that the digitakt has.

1 Like

Gotta hate what you can’t create?

Looks like they had the balls to go with something lighter, more direct, and more portable this time.

Cause they did before, and just did again. So if I get it, you think they don’t implement it because it is too hard? That’s funny.

1 Like