Coming soon

Exactly why I don’t want one. If they released just the sequencer, adult-sized, I’d be all over it.

It should be possible to code something like that in Max/MSP or Arduino, shouldn´t it?

1 Like

There is one on Reverb for 900EUR shipped from Italy, not cheap :moneybag:

Arduino? Probably not, but a Raspberry Pi would do the job.

2 Likes

Is a Raspberry able to deliver a proper stable Clock for that?

I just wanna post something and have some mod remove it. HA HA HA
I don’t think I’ve seen so many comments removed from here before…
lol This unit is not for me, but I get why Elektron is doing it.

I finally got around to reading up on the sequencer features the other day (well, after the sonicstate video) and it does seem pretty cool. The form factor of the OPz isn’t for me though… never say never though.

2 Likes

Yes, of course.

How do you figure that? A4 MkII, AR MkII, Digitakt, Digitone, every other manufacturers new hardware? Not only has hardware exploded in recent years but so has analog hardware. This particular device is a trinket, sure, but have you forgotten about everything else?

1 Like

I dunno… I think the rose-tinted specs are causing you issues there. I lived through those times and whilst the MD and MNM are classic and timeless machines there was just as much rubbish on the market then as there is now. But I also think that there are lots of really clever devices that seem to get written off as toys because they don’t adhere to a very specific world view or some unwritten set of “standard features” or the instrument isn’t “pro”… song mode for example, which I recall is something you hold as important to an instrument, is useless to me. Other than a cursory play with my MNM, MD and OT I’ve never found it to be any use to how I compose music. But I don’t bemoan that developers invest time in that for some instruments when they could’ve been investing that time in something which does work for me personally.

I think I’m havering now… especially as I’m no sure the M:S is for me anyway. When you gotta ramble, you gotta ramble…

3 Likes

4800 SEK on elektrons site, so I doubt that it will be 399

Do you work for Elektron? Do you have first-hand access to their code? I’m guessing not, so what makes you so sure that something is easy to implement?

1 Like

• So with this beautiful little white thing, I can imitate the sound of the drill! This way I don’t hurt clients. I don’t treat them but they are grateful and come back !
  • You’re sooo great ! So will you quit your wife next week ?
  • When it will send Control Changes, to control my drill speed.
7 Likes

Sequencing wise, yes. Sampling wise, eh. Definitely not FX wise.

I see, your point… Yet I challenge you to name one and I do mean one, groovebox from say 1990 to 2005 that didn’t have song mode? And to the point of Elektrons other boxes, I have much love for everything up until the digi line came out… That’s when I started questioning some of their design choices… Like forgoing Song mode, among others… If song mode is there, you always have the choice not to use it… But to just leave it out all together definitely will be seen by some as a flaw…

but there is a CC chart in the manual…so midi cc in…but no out? :sob:

That is correct my dude

In terms of UI there’s no distinction between sample and midi tracks, just a checkbox in a menu for each track that tells it whether or not to spit out the sequencer’s midi data. The knobs need to retain their functionality in case you’re still running a sample on that track. Therefore, no extra knobs left for CC out

edit: that said, someone was talking about using this as a midi controller so it’s possible that the knobs are sending some pre-programmed CC when twisted? Although this is wild speculation because the manual clearly states that midi sequencing is restricted to note and velocity only

1 Like

When i started making beats, an alternative like this, and actually affordable, would be unbelivably good. I liked it with the stickers, seemed to find its cultural place - a bit punk is it? Probably different qualitatively than the nearest competition i bet. I went for the OT after i tried the cheaper option that didnt even sit level on the table haha. Congratulations, and a great chase before release!

3 Likes

but this isnt time stretching

I don’t see many things removed by ‘elektron / moderators ‘ , mostly stuff combined into more suitable threads.

I see many post removed by authors , I do this myself sometimes. I type in a load of text and then think it’s not adding anything to the thread and delete it. It’s not a conspiracy or free speech thing.

I do see a few insults though , if these are removed that’s fine by me .

I wish I could avoid the usual ‘features are missing because of marketing/ song mode ‘ comments but that’s what comes with everyone’s right to comment. I’m sure I also post things that annoy everyone.

4 Likes