Coming soon

That is correct, I agree that it’s a shame it doesn’t have a built-in battery/speaker. Looks like the battery will be attached in the form of a ‘handle’ accessory.

Unfortunately I’m thinking the new paradigm for Elektron doesn’t include “flagship” machines in the same way they were before. I’m not mad about it I just hope someone else eventually makes something that blows me away the same way the Octatrack has.

5 Likes

Could be cool!

Does anyone know if this works on a per pattern kit structure? That way you can juggle midi/internal tracks as the performance goes on.

The reason I said Octatrack, is because @sezare56 has assimilated with the Octatrack, it’s a limb of himself. He and the Octatrack are one.

2 Likes

At first I didn’t like the Casio vibe of the UI but, now I’m digging it. It’s actually got some good specs for what it is. Battery portability may help me to decide to grab one. Samples can be absolutely anything, so it would be nice to hear more variations in the demos, but ah well.

Maybe use the modern Elektron sequencer of the M:S with its micro timing, individual track length etc etc along the the synth engine of the MnM…could be interesting!

1 Like

Yeah seems like a pattern is a kit. Every track has a little checkbox where you can choose to send midi out, so in theory all 6 tracks could be sending midi and playing samples at the same time (but obviously the midi notes would just be copies of your sample trigs, and only note on + pitch)

1 Like

Even just using one of the tracks feeding an odd length pattern of notes to MM. along with MM’s own sequencer, so that you can get some poly rhythms going on MM. Lots of possibilities.

3 Likes

Totally, feel this!

I think eventually we’ll see an proper OT revision that will blow our minds…More i/o’s, OB capable, more memory, SD card upgrade etc etc. But not today :cry:

Whoa! No Midi CC?

Modern? :joy:

1 Like

Negative partner. You get one program change on pattern switch but that’s it.

1 Like

Just watched the 2 part OPZ review on SonicState and though I’m not interested in that unit the sequencer is actually pretty amazing and has a lot of innovative concepts compared to this.

2 Likes

Oof

No midi CC control?
Modern yes, but modern regression.
Ok I’m off, too much for me.

2 Likes

Yeah, I was hoping for the same type of thing… With this release though I’ve come to the realization that the Elektron of the past is gone… MonoMachine, MachineDrum are figures of a time when hardware was at its peak… With the power of software and a good computer, dedicated hardware has been reduced to trinkets and toys lacking the depth and features we once knew as standard…

8 Likes

“Uncountable” NAMMs (well, since 2014) in a row with no new (or really revised) top-end machine in sight tell quite a different story …

(I don’t count the minor improvements of the MKII models here. These are mainly triggered by parts becoming unavailable)

1 Like

Positive thing: direct controls. Everything else is a downgrade from the Digitakt.

1 Like

I totally disagree! :tongue:
There’s No Feature for you. :wink:

3 Likes

me too

Well, yeah it is cool, but WTF were they thinking to make the box only usable for people with baby fingers?