Coming soon

At first I was like…meh,pretty disappointed. Then I got to reading the manual. This thing is actually genius! I’m still confused on the tiny sequencer buttons. And they have no secondary trig functions printed under them which is different.

I’m not preordering but I’m definitely buying. There is more to this thing than what everyone is seeing on the surface. I think the “don’t knock it ‘till you try it” should be applied here. The class compliant usb2.0 is great news too! I’ll be able to use this as a controller within OB2 with my other Elektron machines.

I’m actually glad Elektron made this. While everyone is saying it really appeals to beginners. Which may be sorta true. The speed to get things rolling is awesome. I think it’ll sit great with other machines in a live performance atmosphere. Especially with off the cuff improvising and sound altering capabilities of whatever you load it with.

It’s definitely not what I was hoping for. But is a lot more of something different and original. So y’all don’t buy it so it’s easier for me to get one.

I’m digging it.

8 Likes

I think ressampling will come with an upgrade.

That would be good

No way.

4 Likes

Why ? you think it’s not possible :confused: ? Just a machine to sample master inside ? but maybe eating too much on other DT and OT …

I’ve spent most of the day thinking this was a bit shit, but I’m starting to get it. I’ll never buy it, but it wasn’t made for me.
I think this will sell like shit off a shovel. Mostly to people not already here, hence the disappointment here.

Give us a nice big DT update as well though, yeah, keep us old bastards happy…

8 Likes

Like most of the people on this forum, I was monitoring this topic very closely and refreshing my browser every few minutes to see if anything would leak. Now that the cats out the bag, its a bit anticlimatic.

This perticular unit is targeting a specific consumer group which I am not a part of unfortunately.

I myself was hoping for an updated version of the machinedrum or monomachinedrum like others have sugested so perhaps my expectations set me up for disappointment.

Hopefully in the near future a digital drummachine or greatest hit combining the SPS1 and MNM will follow. Who knows, maybe they will surprise us later this week.

Product differentiation, no controls for it in the UI. I don‘t think M:S will get any significant feature updates after release.

1 Like

Design, not Features.

Sampling module?

4 Likes

And here we are, full circle back to my PowerGlove joke.

1 Like

:cb_m: :cb_o: :cb_r: :cb_e: emoticons needed M:S doesn’t have one :wink:

1 Like

It looks diferent to me

This is it???

We don’t know, but probably. I imagine there’s gonna be some salty DT owners if there isn’t an update that gives it the sequencer features of the MS.

2 Likes

Sampling capabilities seem a bit excessive on a device that doesn’t have internal inputs. Seems a bit of a waste of resources to include the ability to sample only in resampling terms. Especially since this intended to be as financially efficient as possible

Really disappointed. Hoped a new flag ship, but read a new flagged thread about a simpler simpler than Digitakt. Esthetically and physically impossible to integrate with my gear.
I would give it to my son if it was a gift. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Positive things : now I’m sure I want an MnM :elmm:!
DT seems a great simpler now !

9 Likes

A mono machine by itself: amazing.
A mono machine when combined with the Octatrack: The whole is greater than the sum of it’s parts. Can’t wait to see what you come up with on it!

1 Like

I like the look of it.

The design reminded me of this. Akai sampler.

So, am i right this not battery powered but requires an add-on pack? If it was standalone battery powered I’d be much more keen.

2 Likes

Hmm…how about a setup with the MnM plus this M:S?