Coming soon

I take this as clarification that there won‘t be an update/upgrade to the OT. ?

I tend to agree somewhat, I think Elektron were much more cutting edge when they had open beta’s for paying customers, not just freebies for “Pro Youtubers” who seem to be reluctant to criticise the hand that feeds them. etc.

The problem with this is the “echo chamber effect” of course open beta’s are not without their own problems because they are well “open” so you tend to get a high noise to signal ratio, which is probably why they stopped doing open betas.

9 Likes

This will be the star of Namm

I mean, i dont work for Elektron so i dont know 100%, but i seriously doubt it. I dont think the hardware is in place for audio over USB with OTmkii. and i wouldnt expect an mkiii for at least another couple years (or never, if they go all in with the Digi line and model line)

2 Likes

velocity sensitive :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I‘d double ‚heart‘ your reply :))

do you happen to know if there’s a lock limit — if so what it is, etc.

At least no built in speaker :loud_sound:

3 Likes

A cruel blow for Teenage Engineering.

As a lofi beats kinda sample performer, it’s dope (in the lingo). But a tad or 2 overpriced.

Haha TE are like, yeah it’s Fika time homies image

I’m wondering if this is better than sp404 for hip hop. Seems like the closest thing price/performance wise. It comes down to what the effects are like on it.

1 Like

Im not crossing out the possibility of a second product to still be released during NAMM opening day.

6 Likes

No lock limit that I have ever found. Then again, the OP-Z does technically have less parameters to lock (or tweak) in the sound engine than your everyday Elektron.

I don’t understeand why are people compering tbis to sp404. It can not sample. Or am i wrong? Sp404 is a sampler

5 Likes

really just from a price/function standpoint. But I’m pretty sure it samples right? or at least can have samps uploaded on? also it weighs 2 pounds and they got a battery pack coming out for it,

And TE are upgrading their game

2 Likes

Sp404 also a rad multi-fx. Another thing that Elektron seem really reluctant to be creative, or generous, with since OT.

2 Likes

Right, I get that. Hmm.

I guess right now (after having watched Nick Batt/ Gaz’s videos on it yesterday), I’m thinking of it more as a VERY capable sequencer with some built in sound design options for prototyping sequences while you’re away from the studio that you can then return and plug in for proper studio sessions. I’d love to know more about what (if any) CC control it has — though I’ve really been regretting not having gotten around to doing Cuckoo’s videos on it.

2 Likes

I also dont really understand this comparison. Two very different samplers with very different features. A closer comparison to me is something like an Electribe, Volca sample or Drumbrute Impact (if it were a sample player instead of a analog drum machine).

1 Like