Coming soon

Also has an independent “probability” per track like the drumbrute impact that should make it over to DT/DN

Do you think elektron might add step jump to the sequencer like on the volcas and Roland tr8? It’s quite a nice feature for live performance.

No haha. I don’t see how a hardcore OT person would want this machine, other than to maybe relieve the OT of some drum duties. But then DT people would be happy in that case, too.

1 Like

Personally I want all machines bro :slight_smile:

1 Like

Someone mentioned the idea of an add-on to the OT that enables OB. Is that technically possible?

edit: syntax

2 Likes

The Volca Sample has the magic analogue mojo though - subjectively better sounding maybe for some? - Elektron missed a trick here by relying on the famed sequencer - there’s no USP here - it’s getting old in comparison to some of the competition who are at least catching up or innovating…

Retrigger menu :heart_eyes:
Samples loop, reverse quick assign and stuff recordable directly :heart_eyes:
Copying and pasting a pattern without changing pattern :heart_eyes: ( Wasn’t possible on OT A4… tell me if I mistake )
Ergonomy and cond trigs :heart_eyes:

Hope It can be poly

1 Like

My carpal tunnel syndrom winced everytime he banged so heavily on those pads.

Possible on A4

Good that it’s possible on this too

2 Likes

Can we talk build quality. Are the buttons as good made of the same material as the DT? They look kinda squishy. Hoping for better feedback.

Is there a possibility of some sort of add-on device that would enable OB for OTs? That might be a stupid question, but my engineering skills are zero.

To be honest, the OP-Z sequencer kind of ruined Elektron sequencers for me (and all other sequencers). It its that good.

Here are some highlights:

• Individual length and speed per sequencer track (I think only the bigger Elektron boxes can do this)

• Reducing track seed without loosing resolution (four, maybe more, meta steps per step, even at slow setting)

• Almost perfectly accurate live recording. I swear, this sequencer captures live recordings so accurately that I sometimes think it is an audio recorder, but then I remember that the steps are editable.

• The insanely rich and layerable Step Components which let you do simple things like have a sound play on every repeat excluding the third repeat (Elektrons cannot do this), or have extremely complicated side compositions launched by probability

• The massively fun and useful Punch-In effects (global and per track), which add very musical variation, and of course are layerable and sequencable like everything else

• The insanely smart master transpose, which some how keeps everything in key

• Sequenceable effects tracks (only the bigger Elektrons have this)

• The amazing tape buffer track

• Instant and cued pattern changes

• Song mode (only the bigger Elektrons have this)

• Extremely musical swing (I never really liked the swing on Elektrons)

• The amazing tape buffer track

• Of course the usual parameter locks (which all Elektrons have, but are essential nonetheless). And on the OP-Z Step Components can effect parameter locks (crazy).

• Oh yeah, and you can have all this fun while sitting on a bench in a botanical garden

• So on…

18 Likes

Agree. Op-z, Deluge, iOS, Euro… The general state of sequencer options/depth has expanded a LOT over the past few years. In the meantime Elektron haven’t advanced much in this area…

3 Likes

After the reverb vid: ok 325eur

:grin::v:t2:

Next stage.
Preorder?
:eyes:

Yeah, I love the VS (got a few of ‘em) it also wins on part count (10 vs 6) but I just read the manual of the MS and it definitely has some cool features.

1 Like

I actually loved the trailer for that movie! :rofl: Had many chuckles. Looks like they were having a lot of fun. Never saw the film though.

I’ll try the Model:Samples at the show. I think it looks great. I don’t care if products overlap a lot. I try to see products and instruments for what they are, and for what they’re intended to be, and for their own potential. I think this is potentially their best seller. I wouldn’t be surprised if it came out in different colours even, lol.

12 Likes

1000% agree

Can’t wait for the midi/cv module!
:pray:t2:

2 Likes

Would be cool, that was a request I added to the DT feature request thread (as others did, too, I’m sure!).

I agree it has cool features and immediacy and the comparison with VS isn’t really fair - it’s just as others are saying above - the Elektron sequencer probably isn’t enough on its own these days - need some more sauce…

3 Likes

sorry if you thought it was gonna be OB or Otmkiii. I think this thing is sweet and would find a home in most peoples rig if money was no object. But yeah, i think its awesome and is definitely gonna be a way in to elektron gear for people that dont have $800 - $1300 laying around

1 Like