Coming soon

Cuckoo will no doubt do his bit crushed 8 bit demo of it at Namm. Beep beep.

4 Likes

DO NOT SEE THAT FILM. for the love of Ghostbustersā€¦PLEASE.

1 Like

It has no inputs so no, it does not sample. Loading samples is kind of useless if you carry this around battery powered.

2 Likes

I wonder if heā€™ll use the secret Nintendo Scale for the melodiesā€¦?

Another really impressive feature with the OP-Z is that there is no voice stealing. Sure the chord track for instance is locked to four notes, but you can play four notes simultaneously as the sequencer plays four notes without any note stealing. Iā€™ve never seen a device do that. Well I have, but you knowā€¦ itā€™s pretty impressive.

1 Like

That sounds awesome. I didnā€™t pay much attention to the OPZ. I have to look at these sequencer features

1 Like

Iā€™ve been having my doubts with my opz lately. Itā€™s amazing everything g you said but I feel like itā€™s still missin. so e important aspects like more varied synth plug ins mainly. Easier to hand getting synth sample and working nicely in it. I have been using as an add on to my op 1 and itā€™s great for that but I was hopin Namm would be about expanding opz not just modules you can buy to sequence it with . Still holdinout cause itā€™s so fun but getting very tempted to part with it for now

I guess this isnā€™t the place for this I was just contemplating selling it to fund the new elektron but I guess it doesnā€™t fill MY needs for now.

One is a sampler and other rompler.

Its not fairā€¦this dude makes EVERYTHING sound sick. Damn!

Sick @Ess

4 Likes

More i think about it the more i see how restrained it is. The ui with pots pre parameter is just a smoke to hide it

I am sure it needs a DFAM sample pack :control_knobs: :level_slider:

1 Like

You have 16 CCā€™s per track to dish out via midi and you set which CC via the app.
Heck, if you need more then you could use up another track and have it set to the same midi channel and get 32 ccā€™s

So for non iOS users that sucks now, but Iā€™m only assuming that there will atleast be a pc and Mac editor.

1 Like

aside from not having the ability to record samples via inputs, its pretty much a sampler. What is strange to me is that Elektron wants you to use the USB to transfer samples into this machine so you need a computer nearby eventuallyā€¦ So why not include OB??

1 Like

Oh no . Sampler can record things, sounds, this can not, it is not a sampler.

6 Likes

im literally ALWAYS wrong when it comes to predictions about Elektron products haha

1 Like

Are midi tracks independant or shared with audio tracks?

Ok. Whatā€™s next coming soon? Keys perhaps?

fair points

Not being able to sample also means that it cannot resample.

Resampling opens up a world of tricks.

3 Likes

Alright, well. Thinking thatā€™s the next purchase.

Damn.