Coming soon

No danger we will see an add on like that! Would be very cool though

1 Like

Is it samples or synthesis?

Samplhesis. This is samplhesis.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not going to be able to catch up with this thread before I have to do some actual work at work, but here are my thoughts (not that anyone cares).

I find it funny that people projected all these unfounded hopes and desires for a new elektron box into this thread, and they are massively disappointed because elektron didnā€™t make the box that they wanted. The writing was on the wall, and market factors (low barrier of entry, cost, desire for portability, etc.) definitely opened this as the next avenue for Elektron. They previously made very high end gear that filled unique niches. The success of the DT only made it clearer that they could do more for more people. Speaking of DT, itā€™s definitely not dead. The main differentiator between M:S and DT is / will be overbridge. Thatā€™s the killer function that so many have been clamoring for. I actually sold my DT last week, felt immediate remorse, read some Eckhart Tolle and let it go. Now this new box arrives and fills in where the DT would have been used in my workflow.

I think I mentioned up there a thousand posts ago that lately Elektron have been looking/moving forward with their releases. This new box is big paradigm shift for them, and I would bet that there are more on the way. One part of the paradigm shift that I donā€™t think many have noticed yet is the enclosure itself. I think people are going to be shocked when they realize that the case is white because itā€™s plastic. I donā€™t think you can get down to 1.8 lbs (and reduce cost) with a steel enclosure. Iā€™m cool with that, because knowing Elektron, theyā€™ll make it robust enough for how portable they made it. Iā€™m digging the new encoder knobs, the knob-per-function and stickers! (I hope). The DT was amazing with the workflow and this box is just going to be even better with getting ideas down. Iā€™m definitely in for one.

Also, one last point to people saying that this is a cash grab, or why get this when you can buy a 2nd-hand DT. Last time I checked, Elektron isnā€™t a charity, theyā€™re a niche electronics company, so everything they do is a ā€œcash grabā€ - thatā€™s how businesses operate. By entering this new segment of the market, they are capturing business (that allows them to create even more cool gear) that is lost to 2nd-hand sales.

tl;dr: Iā€™m buying one, and I donā€™t care what others say. I think itā€™s great.

5 Likes

Sample based only. Iā€™m assuming they will come out with a model: wave, model: fm, and model: Analog or something to that extent.

1 Like
5 Likes

well there it is, ya filthy animals

The good part is, that its so easy to resist. No gas impulse - nothing.

5 Likes

Loading a full kitā€¦ there is another old DT request that never happened

3 Likes

Isit made of metal or tough plastic?

I imagine the same tough metal as the Analog Drive.

The color and button layout reminds me of the Jomox Xbase09

3 Likes

Thatā€™s great my DT feels solid so this should feel right at home

1 Like

This - itā€™s got an embossed Logo, I just donā€™t see it being metal at this price/weight

2 Likes

Ok after seeing the Thomann vid.
My son would love it, he loves the sp404, but he is 2.5 years old so I will pay for it. :rofl:

275 eur max, letā€™s see in half a year.

1 Like

Is this the thing you said OT users would be very happy with?

4 Likes

I think those knobs are really better than the old ones, dust coming so easy in the old ones I think.
The knob for the retrig is really great.
A really good machine for rappers, beatmakers and a lot of noobs (and pro tho) will have a new possibility to practice in good condition.
the market has now a real low price good product.
But for sure Elektronauts Users who have like machines with 8 samples/ 16 tracks / analog rytms and synth may imagine new synths has bassā€¦ Granularā€¦ Polysample ā€¦ Etc :slight_smile:

Dont you think ? Personally I think ā€¦

I donā€™t mind either way I still love my amigs 500 and this has that sort of early late 80s/90s vibe we all know and love. Surprised how powerful the internal sequencer is for the money.

1 Like

I think it makes sense for Elektron to take a dip into the lower cost end of the market, although I suspect at Ā£299 they would probably sell more, and eventually maybe the street price will get nearer to that, at $449 usd one could get a few Volcas, of course there is +/- in going the Volca route. But the MS has some neat stuff for a mid price machine, a lot more memory than say the Circuit or Volca Sample, better sequencer and so on.

Interesting though to see how it will be received out in the world, I reckon it will do ok.

2 Likes